What Goes Here
There are a couple of other wikis and other information sources out there on mods, so we would like to distinguish ourselves from them in the way we approach mod information.
- Depth over Breadth: Cover fewer mods and mod subjects, but when we do so, do so in depth.
- No Stubs! Do not begin a mod page until you're ready to write an in-depth article.
- No Readmes! Do not post the readme here.
- No Reviews!
- Utility over Exhaustion
- In addition to the rules above, we also want to make sure that details should only be given to the depth that is likely to be useful to most mod players.
- I.e. the goal is not to exhaustively document every fact about a given mod, but rather to produce guides that are genuinely useful to players of that mod.
- In effect (combining this with the "Depth over Breadth" rule), this means that only fairly complicated mods should be documented here.
- Developer Mods — Mods created by Skyrim developers
- Skyrim GEMS (archive link) — Gameplay Enhancement Mods for Skyrim — a 1-page, quick-reference catalog of over 1000 lore-friendly mods
- Beyond Skyrim — A massive multi-team mod project to complete the majority of Tamriel and several other lands
- Unofficial Skyrim Patch — Major mod started by Quarn and Kivan that fixes numerous bugs
Once you start using a lot of mods with Skyrim, you may find yourself running into a number of problems. This section is intended to help you manage your mods and save-games, and hopefully prevent a number of issues from arising in the first place.
- Getting Started — Whether you've never used mods before, or are just looking for mod management tools and a few best practices, this is the place to start.
- r/SkyrimMods Guides for Mod Users
- forums for discussions and questions about the CK and mods for Skyrim — A place on the UESP