Skyrim talk:Ring of Hircine
- 1 RefID
- 2 additional werewolf transformations?
- 3 Only works for werewolves
- 4 Enchants
- 5 Unequiping cursed ring
- 6 Random werewolf transformations - may not occur at all.
- 7 Unlimited transformations not working
- 8 Bug occurs if you transform while mounted
- 9 Cursed Ring of Hircine and Ring of Namira glitch/bug
- 10 Enchantment or script?
The ID (0002C37B) is wrong. It's (0002AC60). Linked reference. I tested in game and I confirm so I changed the ID on the main article. (0002C37B) ID is for the Ring of Namira. --Kkalex 08:31, 12 March 2012 (UTC)
additional werewolf transformations?
The description on this wiki article doesn't even explain the powers, it is a repeat of info that the game already itself provided; it is exactly what the description of the ring says in the in-game itself. I'm told by other skyrim wikis that it offers unlimited transformations but players already get unlimited transformations...without needing this ring. And it has no effect for those who do not have 'beast form' powers.
So...what does this ring really offer to the player besides the same abilities that are without the use of this ring? I haven't found any source online whatsoever on what this ring can do for the player. Maybe no one really knows? RekonDog 20:38, 14 March 2012 (UTC)
- You can only transformation once a day. With the ring you can transformation a second time in one day. — Kimi the Elf (talk | contribs) 20:40, 14 March 2012 (UTC)
- Actually the ring allows UNLIMITED transformations. KingK 19:49, 1 April 2012 (UTC)
- I think this could be made clearer in the article - the ring allows you to transform however often you want. You just have to put it back on after returning to normal and activate the power again to transform back into a werewolf. --188.8.131.52 05:10, 7 November 2012 (GMT)
Only works for werewolves
- Yes, you need to be a werewolf to use this artifact. If you become a werewolf after acquiring it, it will work as originally intended, but not until you succumb to the curse. --AKB Talk Cont Mail 00:03, 21 March 2012 (UTC)
No actual enchantment is listed for this item. Does this mean it uses only a script effect, such that it can be enchanted without breaking its function? The ability to do this in Morrowind was useful and would be even more so here, since you only get one ring slot.184.108.40.206 03:35, 13 April 2012 (UTC)
- I like your thinking, give me 1 day and i will find out.
- No it is not possible to enchant this ring with another enchantment, it also has no effect on followers. KingK 19:20, 13 April 2012 (UTC)
Unequiping cursed ring
You can unequip the cursed ring without finishing the quest. If you acquire the ring before you complete the quest 'Proving Honor' (The Companions quest line), the ring will be unequiped (with all other items you have equiped at that moment) when you perform the first transformation. It's the only way to unequip it without finishing 'Ill met by moonlight' — Unsigned comment by Araglad (talk • contribs) at 13:26 on 27 May 2012
- Actually, I've found that it's also unequiped if you transform into a werewolf, and transform back....... ---Gamer3427 02:47, 3 July 2012 (UTC)
Random werewolf transformations - may not occur at all.
I wonder at what frequency or number of times per game-time spend wearing the ring the werewolf transformation is supposed/designed to occur, or if perhaps it's written to be completely random. - I've completed the quest related to the Ring of Hircine twice, and during my first game play-through I forgot which quest the ring is related to wherefore I played through some 10 or more levels before I eventually acquired another ring that I really would like to use, so I finally looked up the info and completed the quest. But throughout all this time my char never turned into werewolf form. In fact neither of my characters turned into werewolf form while having Ring of Hircine equipped, so it's apparently possible to never get affected negatively by the ring - except for being unable to apply any positive effects by equipping any other rings, of course, which is arguably negative enough in itself. AmaDraque (talk) 03:42, 19 October 2012 (GMT)
- The cursed ring of hicrine only effects werewolves. --220.127.116.11 23:12, 26 April 2014 (GMT)
Unlimited transformations not working
Despite the fact that I have the restored Ring of Hircine, and it says "provides additional transformations", I can only transform once per day whether I wear it or not. Any tips? I'm on PC, and it was so long ago I don't have any saves anywhere near the point I obtained it. Alarra (talk) 03:08, 17 November 2012 (GMT)
- Are you using the right ability? The Beast Form ability still only works once per day, but while wearing the Ring of Hircine, you have an ability in the Powers menu (also called Ring of Hircine) which makes you transform, and you can use it whenever you have the ring on. --Darth l33t (talk) 04:58, 25 November 2012 (GMT)
(←) i have the same situation. however i cannot use the power, ring of hircine. i can only use the beast form once a day and whatever i do does not change this. dragonborn dlc is installed. any one any ideas? — Unsigned comment by Zapatista (talk • contribs) at 06:31 on 4 September 2013
Bug occurs if you transform while mounted
While riding my horse and wearing the cursed ring, I was attacked by a bear. Nearly at the same time, I got a random transformation into werewolf form. I tried to dismount and the weirdest bug occurred. The game camera followed my now riderless horse. My character (in werewolf form) was nowhere to be seen and I had no control over the horse -- could not make him move. I saved the game as a precaution, then reloaded and found that I had some controls. I was able to fast-travel to a nearby landmark and my character, my follower and my horse were all re-united and normal game control was restored. Mguth2241 (talk) 23:29, 12 March 2013 (GMT)
Cursed Ring of Hircine and Ring of Namira glitch/bug
Tested on PS3 4/4 times it worked, so this should be full proof when its done, but has one flaw. Here are the steps: 1. Get the Cursed Ring 2. During Step 1, you may have a time limit before the quest registers as "Started." during that gap, go into your inventory, look for the ring and try to equip it only once, you should hear the sound of something being equipped. 3. Exit your inventory and go try to feed on a corpse, the "Feed" option should come up.
Do NOT!!!! equip the Ring of Namira then unequip it after the quest for Hircine is done, because it will "Fix" the glitch, and remove the option until you equip the Ring of Namira again. But if you manage to keep the Cursed Ring of Hircine, you should have no problem there.
Please note, if you have Dawnguard and you do this while being a Werewolf, when you feed on a human corpse, you get the Human Heart consumed message, and the feed menu for the Ring of Namira comes up as well. I would like others to test this and confirm it for other systems, as I only have a PS3 and my laptop will not run Skyrim.Darkblade (talk) 07:53, 17 March 2013 (GMT)
- OK, so what is the outcome of this glitch? You wrote all of these steps but didn't tell us what happens or what the benefit is of doing all of this. 18.104.22.168 07:06, 5 June 2013 (GMT)
Enchantment or script?
Is it possible to somehow get the Curse as an enchantment and add it to another equipment using the "playerenchantobject" command? Or does the Cursed Ring runs on a specific script? --Chronos 22.214.171.124 18:08, 7 February 2019 (UTC)