Skyrim talk:Frostflow Lighthouse
Is is safe to put items into the containers or do they re-spawn? I realize I could just test this myself but I would really rather not wait an entire in-game month...Lucife Decon
Mani's Remains and Event Timeline
I found the remains of some form or other for all the family members except for Mani (the son). Are there actually any remains? In Mani's Letter he mentions leaving once the father has returned, does the time-line fit for Mani having left prior to the first murder? As far as I can tell events may have gone like so:
- Family moved in.
- Children started hearing noises in basement/supplies missing.
- Father leaves to get Skeever traps.
- Father returns, and lays traps (at least one bear trap is evident in the cellar).
- (Mani leaves for Hammerfell?)
- Father finds his wife's body, writes his final journal entry and leaves it with the body before going into the cellar, locking the door behind him.
The thing I don't get though is that Habd doesn't mention anything in his journal about the daughter, which seems odd as the cellar door is still locked when the player arrives, which implies the daughter must already have been captured by the Falmer, but then why doesn't he mention anything? Maybe fuddled by the Chaurus poison? I dunno. Haravikk 17:05, 29 November 2011 (UTC)
- You missed some aspects. Mani's body is found near the entrance in the Abyss against a wall. He is impaled by a Falmer Sword. He refused to leave for Hammerfell while Habd was away. Didn't want to leave his mom and sister unprotected.
- Habd's Journal is in the Lighthouse. His last entry was made before going into the cellar. No specifically mentions going into save his family.--Bwross 18:21, 29 November 2011 (UTC)
- Hmm, strange, I had another look and I don't see Mani's body at all, but I think I see the sword that you must mean. In that case I think we can avoid speculation then, but there may a bug with the body. Haravikk 19:07, 29 November 2011 (UTC)
May be bug only in my savegame. I completed Frostflow quest, then after some time again walked close to Frostflow Lighthouse and both high level locked doors were again locked, critters in dungeon re spawned and all ingame containers and chests were restocked with new loot.
- That's a normal function of the game. Most containers, areas are not permanent and will respawn. Believe it occurs after 30 days.--Bwross 14:45, 7 December 2011 (UTC)
I was wondering if i could use this place as a house, but i don't know if the containers are safe and if the Chaurus respawn, can anyone help me with this? — Unsigned comment by John142 (talk • contribs)
- Judging by the comment immediately above this, it appears that the chests and creatures do respawn, meaning it's not safe for a house. -- Hargrimm | Θ 20:53, 11 December 2011 (UTC)
"If you want to harvest all 516 Chaurus eggs, it's recommended to work in a pattern. Clear the walls first, then the clusters nearer to the middle. Go back and check for some egg sacks are under water. There are also some eggs scattered about in the middle of rooms. Look carefully for them." is all of this information needed on the page? surely it can be cut down to something along the lines of "There are 516 samples of Chaurus Eggs" like the subsequent note about there being 60 samples of glowing mushrooms. --VergilSparda 01:49, 27 February 2012 (UTC)
- I agree. There's already a mention about the number of eggs in the main part of the article, so I just yanked the note.-Vardis 02:32, 27 February 2012 (UTC)
- Good stuff --VergilSparda 02:38, 27 February 2012 (UTC)
I removed the statement that either door would be a master lock for sure because both of mine were expert level at level 17. Most likely it's always at least expert and can be master.--188.8.131.52 06:25, 27 July 2013 (GMT)