|1st||Weakness to Shock|
Void Salts are dropped by storm atronachs.
In terms of combinations of two ingredients, Void Salts can be combined with 56 other ingredients.
|Desired Effect||Combine with:|
|Damage Health||Fortify Magicka||Ectoplasm, Emperor Parasol MossDB, Red Mountain Flower|
|Damage Health||Resist Magic||Crimson Nirnroot (3.0×), Nirnroot (12.6×)|
|Fortify Magicka||Resist Magic||Tundra Cotton|
|Weakness to Shock||Fortify Magicka||Stoneflower PetalsCC (1.25×,1.27×) (1.33×,1.36×)|
49 guaranteed samples can be found in 32 different locations. Locations with multiple samples are:
- 3 in Proudspire Manor (Solitude)
- 3 in Angeline's Aromatics (Solitude)
- 3 in the Arch-Mage's Quarters (College of Winterhold)
- 3 in the Blue Palace (Solitude)
- 3 in Hjerim (Windhelm)
- 3 in Honeyside (Riften)
- 2 in Arcadia's Cauldron (Whiterun)
- 2 in Solitude Blacksmith (Solitude)
- 2 in the Thalmor Embassy, Elenwen's Solar (Haafingar)
- 2 in Vittoria Vici's House (Solitude)
It is categorized as a rare ingredient, meaning that most apothecary merchants have a 21% chance of carrying 1-4 samples. In addition, it may be randomly found only in rare-type apothecary's satchels. Other possible locations for already-harvested samples include:
- Salty Sea-Dogs: Find some void salts for an inexperienced sea captain. (radiant)
- During this quest, you are asked to locate fine-cut void salts. These are just standard void salts (including same FormID), except given a different name. They appear under void salts during potion creation, and can be mixed with normal void salts.
- Hunting and GatheringDB: Collect a rare alchemy ingredient for Elynea Mothren.
- 1 sample is needed for this quest.
- 1 sample of void salts is needed at workbenches to improve Nightingale armor, Nightingale boots, Nightingale gloves, or Nightingale hood (requires the Arcane Blacksmith perk).
- Void salts are needed at the Atronach Forge to create various storm atronach-related items, namely: a hostile storm atronach, a Scroll of Conjure Storm Atronach, a Staff of the Storm Atronach, or a Spell Tome: Conjure Storm Atronach.
- Void salts are also one of 4 items needed at the Atronach Forge to create random enchanted Daedric armor (requires the Sigil Stone).
- Once certain schematics are discovered during the Ancient Technology quest, one sample of void salts is required for crafting ten Exploding Steel Bolt of Shock or ten Exploding Dwarven Bolt of Shock at Gunmar's Forge.(DG)
- Fine-cut void salts may cause all of your regular void salts to be unusable to upgrade blacksmithing items such as the Nightingale armor.
- To fix this, simply give the fine-cut void salts to Captain Wayfinder in Dawnstar.
- Alternatively, remove all of your void salts (as they all have the same ID) by using the command
player.removeitem 3AD60 X(
Xbeing how many you have both fine-cut and regular combined). Then type
player.additem 3AD60 Xto get them back. You should now be able to use your void salts again.
- Combining void salts with the fine-cut void salts will consume two void salts from your ordinary void salt pile, so long as you have two that can be consumed, allowing you to keep the fine-cut void salts. Doing this reveals all four effects of the void salts.