Skyrim:The Battle for Fort Greenwall (Imperial)
|This page is currently being rewritten as part of the Skyrim Quest Redesign Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
- Report for duty to Legate Rikke at the Rift Imperial Camp.
- Join the Legion soldiers staging for the attack.
- Clear the fort of Stormcloak rebels.
Report for Duty
Report for duty to Legate Rikke at the Rift Imperial Camp, where she will give you orders to rendezvous with a group of Imperial soldiers preparing to attack Fort Greenwall and to assist in the assault.
Join the Soldiers Preparing the Assault
Make your way to Fort Greenwall. The fort is just north of Riften, and the soldiers are waiting just southeast of the fort. As you approach the group, they will storm the southeast entrance to the fort.
Take the Fort
Assist your fellow soldiers in clearing the fort of Stormcloak rebels while the game updates you with the percentage of enemies remaining. The battle takes place in the exterior parts of the fort only, in the courtyard and on the walls. The entrance is blocked by wooden barricades, but these can be easily brought down by melee attacks.
Once you have killed all Stormcloak rebels, the quest will be completed. The Reunification of Skyrim questline will update and prompt you to return to General Tullius to report your success and receive your reward. Tullius will promote you to the rank of Tribune of the Imperial Legion at this point, though he will not mention this to you.
One achievement is unlocked at the end of this quest:
- Corpses will disappear shortly after death, so you may wish to loot them as you go to avoid missing out.
- If Riften is given to the Imperials during Season Unending then this quest will not be given to you.
- If you attempt to infiltrate Fort Greenwall before contacting the Imperial soldiers, in order to sneak-kill most or all of the Stormcloak garrison before the attack begins (which would not be particularly difficult if you have high sneak and/or archery skills), the Imperial troops will automatically commence their attack when you do, no matter how stealthily you act.
- Even after you are told that 0% of the defenders remain and that you have won, there may still be several Stormcloak survivors who flee northeast along the road in the direction of the mining settlement of Shor's Stone. If you decide to pursue them, be careful of who you target, especially in the dark, since you can easily kill some of the local guards of Shor's Stone by mistake and incur a bounty in the Rift.
- Once the battle begins at the fort, Rikke leaves The Rift Imperial Camp and it is instead commanded by Legate Fasendil. After the battle is finished and the quest clears in the journal, the Rift Imperial Camp will be packed up and abandoned.
- The following empty quest stages were omitted from the table: 0, 100, 200, 300, 400, 500, 910, 920, 950, 1000, 2000, 9200, 9999.