||Summon Arniel's Shade
||Fire and Forget
- Summons the Shade of Arniel Gane for 60 seconds wherever the caster is pointing.
Summon Arniel's Shade is a Conjuration spell that summons the Shade of Arniel Gane to aid you in combat.
- Arniel's Shade is one of the most useful of the summoning spells, especially for low-level characters. There are several reasons for this:
- The spell has zero casting cost. (As against this, it also grants no experience towards progress in the skill.)
- Arniel is essential, and thus cannot be killed.
- He favors lightning spells, which few enemies are resistant to.
- In addition to his array of Destruction spells, he may also heal you, notably the only summon who can do so.
- One downside of this spell is that it requires two hands, so you may need to interrupt what you're doing to re-cast it when it expires.
- Arniel takes up a summoning slot, so casting a second Conjure spell (or a third with the Twin Souls perk) will make him disappear.
- Casting this spell over and over again can make one of your summoned shades follow the same schedule as if he was alive. ?