||Summon Arniel's Shade
||Fire and Forget
- Summons the Shade of Arniel Gane for 60 seconds wherever the caster is pointing.
Summon Arniel's Shade is a Conjuration spell that summons the Shade of Arniel Gane to aid you in combat.
For the shade's stats, see its individual page.
- Arniel's Shade is one of the most useful summoning spells. There are several reasons for this:
- The spell has zero casting cost (though it grants no experience points).
- Arniel is essential, meaning cannot be killed and will help you for the full length of its summon.
- He favors lightning spells, which few enemies are resistant to.
- In addition to his array of Destruction spells, he may also heal you, notably the only summon who can do so.
- One downside of this spell is that it requires two hands, so you may need to interrupt what you're doing to re-cast it when it expires.
- Arniel's Shade takes up a summoning slot, so casting a second Conjure spell (or a third with the Twin Souls perk) will make him disappear.
- Casting this spell over and over again can make one of your summoned shades follow the same schedule as if he was alive. ?