Skyrim:Striking the Heart
|This page is currently being rewritten as part of the Skyrim Quest Redesign Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
|Eastmarch||Hjaalmarch||The Rift||Whiterun Hold||Winterhold|
Lost Knife Hideout
|Orotheim||Broken Helm Hollow
- Talk to Aela in Whiterun.
- Travel to the designated hideout.
- Kill the Silver Hand leader.
- Return to Aela.
All of the radiant locations contain good loot. See the appropriate location's page, listed above, to find out where the loot is. There are a lot of Silver Hand, though, and the leader is often a lot harder to kill. Once the leader is dead (explore the location like you would in a regular dungeon or camp) return to Aela in Jorrvaskr, and she will give you leveled gold and start the next quest, either Retrieval or Stealing Plans.
- This quest uses the Radiant Quest System to randomly generate a target location and waypoint for the objectives. In some cases the waypoint will lead to a random spot adjacent to the designated quest location. This is caused when you have previously killed the Silver Hand leader.
- This bug is fixed by version 1.6 of the Official Skyrim Patch.
- If the quest is given but no waypoint is provided, and killing all NPCs at given location does nothing, the quest is most likely not activated.
- To see if any quest is active, type showquesttargets in the console in-game. Look for 'CR09', the ID for this quest.
- If not there, yet the quest is clearly in your quest tab, the quest can be completed by simply writing completequest cr09 in the console in-game.
- The quest completion should pop up, and returning to Aela should give you the follow-up quest in the Companion quest chain.
- The following empty quest stages were omitted from the table: 0, 1, 100.