|Merchant Avail.||None ()|
Small pearls, as well as pearls, are only available as already-harvested samples in the original version of the game. The only shellfish found in Skyrim are clams, and unlike in previous games they do not produce pearls. However, if Dragonborn is installed, pearls and small pearls can be harvested in Solstheim from pearl oysters.
|Desired Effect||Combine with:|
|Fortify One-handed||Restore Stamina||Bear Claws (0.8×)|
|Resist Frost||Restore Stamina||Hawk Beak, Purple Mountain Flower, Silverside Perch|
Guaranteed samples can be found in the following locations:
- Alftand Animonculory (Winterhold)
- Geirmund's Hall (The Rift)
- Valerica's StudyDG (Castle Volkihar)
- 4 in FrosselDB (Solstheim)
- 3 in the GreathallDB of Skaal Village (Solstheim), in a locked display case
- Alchemy laboratoriesHF in player-built houses provide respawning samples once they are furnished with wash basins
This ingredient is not in the
VendorItemIngredient category that allows it to be traded by apothecary merchants (see bugs).
The remaining way to obtain small pearls is in random loot, but the chances of small pearls appearing in any given location are generally small. The best bets are:
- Peddlers may be randomly encountered in the wilderness (typically being attacked). These peddlers have an 8% chance of carrying 1-3 samples.
- Uncommon- and rare-type apothecary's satchels have a 2% chance of containing one.
- Warlocks and Forsworn have a 0.5% chance of carrying one.
- This ingredient cannot normally be bought from apothecary merchants, even though it should be available according to their merchandise leveled lists. It also cannot be sold to apothecary merchants; it can only be sold to general goods merchants.
- This bug is fixed by version 1.2 of the Unofficial Skyrim Patch.