- Talk to Talen-Jei about his plans to marry.
- Find three flawless amethysts he wishes to place on his engagement ring.
- Return to Talen-Jei.
A Proper Setting
Upon speaking with Talen-Jei in Riften, he will reveal his affection for Keerava, the innkeeper at The Bee and Barb. He wishes to marry her, but his "meager earnings" haven't allowed him to obtain the gems needed to complete the setting for a proper engagement ring. If you offer to help, he will tell you he needs three flawless amethysts. There are nine guaranteed gems found in eight different locations. Starting at level 12, you may also buy them from merchants at a base cost of 180 gold, find them as random loot, or get them randomly while mining. When you return to Talen-Jei with the gems, he will thank you, and reward you with a random leveled potion.
- This quest counts towards assisting the citizens of Riften to become thane.
- The potion is worth a lot less than the three flawless amethysts, so you may wish to take your time and only use randomly found gems to complete it, rather than lose money by buying the gems.
|Sealing the Deal (FreeformRiften06)
Objective 10: Get 3 flawless amethysts for Talen-Jei (<Global=FFRiften06Found>/3) (re-displayed as each amethyst is acquired or removed)
||(Once all three amethysts are acquired)
Objective 20: Return to Talen-Jei
- The following empty quest stages were omitted from the table: 10, 250.