|# of Zones||1|
|Respawn Time||10 days|
|Console Location Code(s)|
|South-southeast of Markarth
West of Dushnikh Yal
|# of Quicksilver||1|
As you enter the cave, it is full of shallow water, which is populated by several ingredient fish, including Abecean Longfin, Silverside Perch and Histcarp. Straight ahead of the entrance are two large nirnroot plants and a quicksilver ore vein. To the east is a deep pool partially hidden by a waterfall. It contains two unlocked Dwarven chests, several salmon, two slaughterfish and seven patches of slaughterfish eggs in and around the chests, over the large dwarven head, and on the walls. There is a second waterfall down the cave wall between the deep pool and ore vein. A copy of the Smithing skill book Cherim's Heart can be found inside one of the underwater chests. There is a small air pocket directly above the chests.
Getting out of the pool is tricky; you have to jump at just the right spot. It is advised to have any followers wait outside so that they don't get in your way.
- If you follow the waterfalls north, just before this stream merges with another larger stream, you will find a skeleton on a ledge under a tree. The skeleton contains a small amount of gold, and has a coin pouch and a leveled warhammer nearby. There is also an unlocked chest a short ways downstream from the skeleton, on the south bank.
- One of the patches of slaughterfish eggs on the Dwarven face can't be interacted with.
- This bug is fixed by version 2.0.3 of the Unofficial Skyrim Patch.
- If traveling with a companion they are likely to get stuck in the pool with the Dwarven face.
- The easiest way to avoid this is to ask them to wait outside, although they do normally rejoin you when you leave the cave.
- Followers may get stuck at the entrance to the dungeon due to a disconnected navmesh.
- This bug is fixed by version 3.0.10 of the Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch.