|Location||Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary
|Primary Skills||Light Armor, One-handed, Sneak, Archery|
|Faction(s)||The Dark Brotherhood; FavorExcludedFaction; Light Armor Trainer; Skill Trainer|
When inquired about himself, he will reveal that he grew up in the deserts of Hammerfell, where "blood is a shade of crimson I can scarce describe". He is apparently not proud of his past (though he will not explain what he did), and explains that after the Dark Brotherhood saved him, he tried to forget it.
He often makes jokes or sarcastic comments about the contracts he sends you on—for example, after reporting back and telling Nazir a mine owner in Dawnstar is dead, he says "Of course she is. I hear the mining business is extremely cutthroat. And those hours... they're murder." He seems to enjoy making these jokes, commenting "I could do this all day."
He is not very happy with the arrival of Cicero and the Night Mother, saying that he dislikes a vast majority of entertainers, and jesters in particular. He also says that he's not too keen on long-dead corpses of old women, and that although he'll make an exception for the Night Mother, he makes it clear that he'll only ever answer to Astrid.
He is one of the few survivors of the attack on the sanctuary during the quest Death Incarnate.
After the Dawnstar Sanctuary is established, he will permanently relocate to the main room and can still offer you contracts that have not yet been completed. If Cicero is there, he will not be surprised, but he'll make a futile request of you to stop him from dancing and singing.
- Sanctuary: Pick up your first contracts as a Brotherhood member.
- Kill Narfi: Kill a hapless beggar in Ivarstead.
- Kill Beitild: Resolve a feud in Dawnstar.
- Kill Ennodius Papius: Kill Ennodius Papius.
- Kill Hern: Kill Hern, a reclusive vampire.
- Kill Lurbuk: Silence a terrible bard, permanently.
- Kill Deekus: Slay an Argonian looting a shipwreck.
- Kill Ma'randru-jo: Assassinate Ma'randru-jo to complete a Dark Brotherhood contract.
- Kill Anoriath: Assassinate Anoriath to complete a Dark Brotherhood contract.
- Kill Agnis: Assassinate Agnis to complete a Dark Brotherhood contract.
- Kill Maluril: Kill Maluril in Mzinchaleft.
- Kill Helvard: Assassinate Helvard to complete a Dark Brotherhood contract.
- Kill Safia: Kill a pirate captain on her own ship.
- Death Incarnate: Assist Brotherhood members in the fight against the Penitus Oculatus assault.
- Destroy the Dark Brotherhood!: Finish the Dark Brotherhood and rid Skyrim of their kind.
You: "What can you tell me about yourself?"
Nazir: "Ah, well, I'm Redguard, as I'm sure you've noticed. Though not like most of my kind you'll find in Skyrim, that's for damned sure. I am a child of Hammerfell, born of the sands of the mighty Alik'r. In that great desert, blood is a shade of crimson I can scarce describe. My past is long and storied, and not altogether proud. But the Dark Brotherhood saved me from myself. And I have never looked back."
Alternatively, if you are a Redguard, his opening lines will change to, "Ah, well, I'm Redguard, as I'm sure you've noticed. Though not like you. Hmph. No, definitely not like you."
Once Cicero arrives with the Night MotherEdit
Once the contract is finished:
You: "What are your thoughts on Cicero and the Night Mother?"
Nazir: "I don't like mimes, minstrels, thespians, acrobats, jugglers, troubadours or tumblers. Flutists give me a headache. I particularly hate jesters. As a rule, I'm also not crazy about the corpses of old women. For the Night Mother, I'll make an exception. But Astrid is the only mistress I serve."
During Whispers in the DarkEdit
You: "Astrid thinks a Family member may be conspiring with Cicero."
Nazir: "Does she? Listen, brother/sister... Astrid is my mistress, and I worship the ground she walks on. But this Cicero business has her a bit... paranoid."
During The Cure for MadnessEdit
You: "Any thoughts on the current situation?"
Nazir: "Going after Cicero now would be a fool's errand. That little jester is currently being digested in Arnbjorn's stomach, mark my words."
Dialogue (Primary Quests)Edit
Dialogue (Contract Quests)Edit
Nazir will also explain any of the contracts he gives to you. He can give general background information on any of the targets.