(Click on any item for details)
Enchanting description: While the moons are out, burns the target for <mag> points.
Light Damage is the name of the effect used in the Silent Moons Enchant.
One advantage of this enchantment over the other forms of elemental damage is that there are no enemies with resistance to it, but there are also none weak to it. Another boon is that the base cost of the enchantment is significantly lower, allowing you to have over three times the number of charges. This is especially useful in the early-game.
The following items use this effect (all are found in Silent Moons Camp). The enchantment is not actually controlled by phases of the moon; the effect is intended to deal damage between 9pm and 5am, regardless of lunar phase, weather, or whether or not you are outdoors. You can learn how to enchant custom items with Silent Moons Enchant if you find one of the following items and disenchant it:
- Lunar Iron Mace
- Lunar Iron Sword
- Lunar Iron War Axe
- Lunar Steel Mace
- Lunar Steel Sword
- Lunar Steel War Axe
- The book Notes On The Lunar Forge describes the crafting of these weapons, but is incorrect on several details. The enchantment does not transfer health to the wielder, as Absorb Health would. Also, they cannot actually be crafted at the Lunar Forge, though the weapons found there can be disenchanted in order to learn the effect and apply it at an Arcane Enchanter, like any other effect.
- Light damage is improved by anything that boosts fire attacks, due to it using the fire keyword for spells.
- Light damage can be considered as representing moonlight, with its opposite being Sun Damage. Sun damage is additionally more effective against undead creatures and vampires.
- The Silent Moons Enchant is broken. While targets hit by a Lunar-enchanted weapon will glow as if the effect were working, PC testing via developer console confirms that no extra damage is done. Analysis of the game files reveals this to be due to the enchantment targeting weapon speed and not health.
- This bug is fixed by version 1.0 of the Unofficial Skyrim Patch.