|House||Hod and Gerdur's House|
|Primary Skills||Two-handed, Alchemy, Enchanting, One-handed, Smithing|
|Faction(s)||CrimeFactionWhiterun; FavorJobsChopWoodFaction; JobLumberjackFaction; Riverwood Gerdurs House Faction; TownRiverwoodFaction|
Hod is a Nord lumberjack in Riverwood, operating the wood mill there. He lives on the southeast edge of town and works his small farm and the mill with his wife, Gerdur. They have a son named Frodnar. He also seems to be a little flirty, saying: "You met Camilla yet? Wouldn't mind getting my hands on those trunks. He he he he." If you are a female, he will also remark: "Now you, lass... You've got some beautiful trunks yourself... Hmm?"
Hod can be seen having a conversation with his wife Gerdur at their mill:
Gerdur: "Can the sawmill handle those logs? They look a
Hod: "Ay, it can. Wouldn't want them any bigger though."
Gerdur: "And the blade?"
Hod: "Gettin' dull. We'll need a new one soon."
Gerdur: "I'll talk to Alvor about getting us a new one."
Sometimes Hod and his son Frodnar can be seen spending some quality time together. When they have a conversation, Hod will usually ask his son about the recent pranks he did, and also encourages him. Hod will pick between three random lines and Frodnar will do the same:
|Hod||"Hey boy, I heard you nailed a Septim into Lucan's doorstep. Damn near drove him crazy. That true?"|
|"Tell me, son. Any truth to these stories I been hearing. About you gluing a cow's udders shut? You really do something like that?"|
|"Heard me a rumor, boy. Something about you putting bugs in the stew over at the Sleeping Giant. You do this?"|
|Frodnar||"Sure I did. And I'd do it again."|
|"Ha ha ha ha! Yeah, I sure did. It was one of my best pranks yet, father."|
|Hod||"Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! That's my boy!"|
|"Ha! I knew it! Had your name written all over it, that one did!"|
|"See, now that's what I'm talking about. Working hard, making your mark on this world. Good job, son."|
|Frodnar||"He he he he he."|
|"You just wait. My new pranks are going to the best ever! You'll see! He he he he."|
|"Ha! That ain't nothing. Wait till you see what I got planned for next week."|
In the evening, Hod will go to the Sleeping Giant Inn. Depending on who is present with him in the inn, he may have conversations with three different people.
Alvor may ask Hod for some raw materials for smithing:
Alvor: "I got a new order in for shields. I'm gonna need some hardwood planks. None of that soft pine this time."
Hod: "Ay, we can get that for ya. We just finished the timber for those catapults."
Alvor: "War may be good for business, but it's hard on families."
Hod: "A hard truth, that is. Let's drink to the fallen ones."
Hod: "You need to choose between those two boys. It ain't fair to Sven or Faendal to keep tuggin' on their heart strings like that."
Camilla: "It's bad enough my brother is harping on me to pick one. Don't you start too."
Hod: "I'm just sayin' you should pick one to settle down with."
Embry goes up to Hod and asks for a drink:
Embry: "How's about a drink, Hod."
Hod: "You'll be wantin' me to pay for them?"
Embry: "It's only right seein' as the important lumber man."
Hod: "You come do an honest day's work at my mill, and I'll pay you an honest day's wages. Then we'll drink."
- Hod doesn't go to work each day.
- This bug is fixed by version 1.2.6 of the Unofficial Skyrim Patch.
- If he is not at the mill at 8 am, and you break into his house, you should find him standing inside. He will greet you or tell you to get out, and when you leave, he will follow you outside and may walk to the mill and start work. However, he may stand by his house for a few hours instead.
- If Hod is not at the mill during business hours, use the lumber pile, then the lever, then wait one hour. He shows up during this time if Hearthfire is installed because Hod must be present when using his mill.
- The mill that Hod works on is sometimes put into an infinite usage cycle, rendering the entire mill unusable by you for the remainder of the game save. This may be related to the fact that Hod has trouble showing up to work.
- Hod may stand in his front yard and perform his lumber mill working motions.