|4th||Weakness to Shock|
64 guaranteed samples can be found in 30 different locations. Locations with the greatest numbers are:
- 9 in Hag's End (The Reach)
- 7 around Witchmist Grove (Eastmarch)
- 5 in Serpent's Bluff Ruins (Whiterun Hold)
- 4 around Cradle Stone Tower (The Reach)
- 3 in Deepwood Redoubt (The Reach)
- 3 inside Deepwood Vale (The Reach)
- 3 in the Hall of Countenance (College of Winterhold)
- 3 in Nightcaller Temple (The Pale)
- 3 around Orphan Rock (Falkreath Hold)
It is categorized as a rare ingredient, meaning that most apothecary merchants have a 21% chance of carrying 1-4 samples. In addition, it may be randomly found only in rare-type apothecary's satchels. Other possible locations for already-harvested samples include:
- Hagraven feathers found strewn around hagraven dwellings such as the one at Witchmist Grove will respawn after a time, on a similar timeline as plant regrowth.
- During the quest A Night to Remember, you are asked to pick up hagraven feathers (among other items). As a result, all hagraven feathers in your inventory will be marked as quest items until the end of the quest. This makes all your feathers weightless, but they cannot be used or removed from your inventory.