|Jarl's Residence||Blue Palace|
|Military Fort||Fort Hraggstad|
|Jarl||Elisif the Fair|
|Jarl||Elisif the Fair|
|Northwest part of Skyrim|
Haafingar is a relatively small hold in northwest Skyrim, containing the provincial capital Solitude. As the home of the provincial capital, Haafingar is the center of Imperial rule in Skyrim. It only becomes Stormcloak-run if the player joins the Stormcloaks and completes the entire quest line, including both The Battle for Fort Hraggstad and the Battle for Solitude.
Haafingar is dominated by a large ridge that runs the length of the hold. Pine forests and meadows cover the southern slopes down to the Karth River, while the north side is colder, and dominated by mountains and frozen coastline. Solitude itself sits on a massive natural archway that extends over the mouth of the Karth from the eastern spur of the ridge.
Haafingar's coastline is ideal for the growth of nordic barnacles and clams in the water and canis root and spiky grass on land. Near Solitude, fishing can be enjoyed around Solitude Sawmill where dragonflies play over the water. A fair amount of nightshade plants grow inside the capital. Mora tapinella, mountain flowers, and thistles can be found in the lower parts of the hold while only snowberries and sporadic mountain flowers can be found in the snow-covered tail of the Druadach Mountains.
All locations in Haafingar with individual map markers are listed. There are a few places without map markers listed for their significance.
- Solitude — A major city located on the northwestern coast of Skyrim, and the capital of the province.
- Bards College — A musical school in Solitude.
- Blue Palace — The current seat of power for Solitude, Haafingar, and Skyrim; and home to the High King of Skyrim.
- Castle Dour — A large fortress in Solitude, the headquarters of the Imperial Legion and residence of the Emperor in Skyrim.
- East Empire Company Warehouse — A warehouse on the Solitude docks immediately southeast of the city.
- Solitude Stables — The stable serving the city of Solitude.
Farms, Towns, and Settlements including Orc Strongholds and Inns
- Dragon Bridge — A small town built near the ancient iconic Dragon Bridge in northwestern Skyrim near Solitude.
- Dragon Bridge Lumber Camp — A sawmill and lumber camp in the southwestern part of Dragon Bridge.
- Ironback Hideout — A dilapidated house to the northwest of Solitude, a short distance east of The Steed Stone.
- Katla's Farm — A small farm and stable along the Karth River, outside of Solitude.
- Lylvieve Family's House — A small farmhouse on the northwestern side of Dragon Bridge, located next to Horgeir's House.
- Solitude Sawmill — A wood mill southwest of Solitude.
- Thalmor Embassy — The Aldmeri Dominion's diplomatic mission to Skyrim, located north of Solitude, which serves as the center of Thalmor activity in Skyrim.
Camps, including Giant Camps and Military Camps
- Dragon Bridge Overlook — A small Forsworn camp on a cliff overlooking Dragon Bridge.
- Haafingar Stormcloak Camp — A small Stormcloak camp overlooking the Karth River.
- Solitude Military Camp — A Stormcloak camp set up just a bit west of Katla's Farm for the attack on Solitude.
- Brinewater Grotto — A small cave on the coast between Solitude Lighthouse and Broken Oar Grotto.
- Broken Oar Grotto — A large cavern connected to the sea, situated north of Solitude and northwest of Brinewater Grotto.
- * Lost Echo Cave — A Falmer-infested cave near the northwestern coast of Haafingar.
- Lower Steepfall Burrow — A small cave containing animals on the north coast of Haafingar.
- Pinemoon Cave — A small cave located to the northwest of Dragon Bridge and east of Volskygge.
- Ravenscar Hollow — A small cave inhabited by hagravens west of the Thalmor Embassy and due east of the Steed Stone.
- Rimerock Burrow — A small cave located at the northwestern edge of Skyrim.
- Shadowgreen Cavern — A small cave northwest of Solitude, which is home to leveled spriggans and animals.
- Steepfall Burrow — A small cave containing animals on the north coast of Haafingar.
- Wolfskull Cave — A cave west of Solitude filled with necromancers or bandits.
* Though located well within Haafingar's borders, the location is marked as belonging to Falkreath Hold.
- Volskygge — A Nordic barrow west of Solitude in the coastal mountains, situated between Deepwood Redoubt and Lost Echo Cave.
- Castle VolkiharDG — A large fortress on an island far west of Solitude, north-northwest of Northwatch Keep.
- Fort Hraggstad — A bandit-controlled fort located north of Dragon Bridge.
- Northwatch Keep — A medium-sized military fort in northwest Haafingar, to the west of Fort Hraggstad.
- Pinefrost Tower — A small Imperial tower on the northwestern coastal border, due south of Rimerock Burrow and northwest of Volskygge.
- Widow's Watch Ruins — A small tower located northeast of Fort Hraggstad, occupied by a single hag.
- Statue to Meridia — The shrine to the Daedric Prince Meridia.
- The Steed Stone — One of the thirteen Standing Stones scattered across Skyrim.
Landmarks, including Bodies of Water, Clearings, Ships and Shipwrecks
- Clearpine Pond — A pond with a small island, located west-southwest of Solitude, just to the northeast of Pinemoon Cave.
- Dainty Sload — A ship currently docked for supplies.
- Forgotten ValeDG — An isolated region of Skyrim once inhabited by the Snow Elves to worship the God Auri-El.
- Icewater JettyDG — A small, isolated dock far west of Solitude, near Northwatch Keep.
- Karth River — A river flowing from Markarth to Solitude.
- The Katariah — The personal transport vessel of the Emperor, Titus Mede II.
- Orphan's Tear — A shipwreck occupied by three bandits, located far northwest of Solitude on the northern coast.
- Sea of Ghosts — A vast ocean along the northern coast of Skyrim.
- Solitude Lighthouse — A stone building on the northern coast of Skyrim that helps to guide ships into Solitude harbor.
All the quests that are started in or are related to Haafingar (except for radiant quests begun in other holds) are listed here:
- Diplomatic Immunity: Infiltrate a party at the Thalmor Embassy.
- Season Unending: Enforce a ceasefire to secure Dragonsreach.
Imperial Legion Civil War Quests
- Joining the Legion: Prove yourself worthy to join the Imperial Legion.
- The Jagged Crown: Find the Jagged Crown for the Imperials.
- Message to Whiterun: Deliver the message that will decide Whiterun's allegiance.
- Reunification of Skyrim: Reunite Skyrim under the leadership of the Empire. (radiant)
- A False Front: Find and deliver some forged documents to the Stormcloaks.
- Rescue from Fort Kastav: Rescue the prisoners and regain Winterhold Hold for the Imperials. (radiant)
- The Battle for Fort Dunstad: Regain the Pale for the Imperials. (radiant)
- The Battle for Fort Greenwall: Take Fort Greenwall for the Imperials. (radiant)
Stormcloaks Civil War Quests
- Liberation of Skyrim: Drive the Imperials from Skyrim. (radiant)
- The Battle for Fort Hraggstad: Take this fort for the Stormcloaks.
- Battle for Solitude: The final push to free Skyrim of the Imperials. (radiant)
- The Mind of Madness: Gain access to and solve the mystery of the Pelagius Wing.
- A Daedra's Best Friend: Help Barbas reunite with his master.
- The Break of Dawn: Find Meridia's Beacon and use its light to cleanse her temple of undead.
- Bound Until Death: Assassinate Vittoria Vici at her own wedding.
- Breaching Security: Kill and frame the son of a high-ranking Imperial guard.
- To Kill an Empire: Attempt to assassinate the Emperor while disguised as the Gourmet.
- Hail Sithis!: One of the biggest contracts in Brotherhood history is yours to fulfill.
- Kill Safia: Kill a pirate captain on her own ship.
- Scoundrel's Folly: Squeeze a reluctant informer for information.
- No Stone Unturned: Find the 24 gems to restore the Crown of Barenziah.
- The Dainty Sload: Frame a ship's captain to get revenge for a jilted merchant.
- Tending the Flames: Unveil the truth about a deceitful King and become a member of the Bards College.
- Finn's Lute: Return an invaluable lute to Inge Six Fingers.
- Pantea's Flute: Find a missing flute for Pantea.
- Rjorn's Drum: Retrieve a drum for Giraud Gemane.
- The Man Who Cried Wolf: Investigate reports of strange happenings in Wolfskull Cave.
- The Wolf Queen Awakened: Potema must be stopped.
- Lights Out!: Help run a cargo ship aground.
- Missing In Action: Rescue a missing Stormcloak supporter from the Thalmor.
- Bloodline: Choose your side!
- Prophet (Dawnguard): Find and rescue a Moth Priest from the vampires.
- Prophet (Vampire): The time of prophecy has arrived! Locate a Moth Priest for the vampires.
- Touching the Sky: Find and retrieve Auriel's Bow.
- Kindred Judgment: Confront Lord Harkon.
In addition, many miscellaneous quests, such as favors, are located in Haafingar. They are listed here.