|2nd||Fortify Health (5×, 5.9×)|
|3rd||Fortify Carry Weight|
|4th||Damage Stamina Regen|
Giant's Toes are dropped by giants, although each giant provides only one toe.
Any Fortify Health potion made using a giant's toe lasts for 300 seconds instead of 60. The potions are therefore 5.9 times more valuable than typical Fortify Health potions, making these the most valuable potions in the base game. Because of this, giant's toes are required to make all of the most expensive potions in the standard game.
Two ingredients added with add-ons push Giant's Toe into third place for most expensive potions. Salmon Roe added by Hearthfire is by far the most profitable, with prices more than double what Giant's Toe can do, and Boar Tusk with Dragonborn being around 25% better. Giant's Toe can be combined a number of times with these two to make some of the more expensive potions (it is one of ten combinations for the ninth most expensive potion), but if you are looking to maximize skill gains or profits it is better to use other ingredients, as leveling is based on potion value.
|Desired Effect||Combine with:|
|Damage Stamina Regen||Fortify Carry Weight||Creep Cluster|
|Damage Stamina Regen||Fortify Health||Wheat, Yellow Mountain FlowerDG|
33 guaranteed samples can be found in 24 different locations. Locations with multiple samples are:
- 3 in the White Hall (Dawnstar)
- 2 in Calixto's House of Curiosities (Windhelm)
- 2 in Castle Dour, Emperor's Tower (Solitude)
- 2 inside East Empire Company Warehouse (Haafingar)
- 2 in Honeyside (Riften)
- 2 in Nightcaller Temple (The Pale)
- 2 in the Palace of the Kings Upstairs (Windhelm), in Wuunferth the Unliving's room
- 2 in Proudspire Manor (Solitude)
- 2 at the Hagraven camp just east of Karthspire Camp (one on the dead giant on the altar, and the other in the stone bowl)
It is categorized as a rare ingredient, meaning that most apothecary merchants have a 21% chance of carrying 1-4 samples. In addition, it may be randomly found only in rare-type apothecary's satchels.
Giant's toes are dropped by all giants.
- A Night To Remember: Find your lost friend, Sam, as you recover from a bad hangover.
- Hunting and GatheringDB: Collect a rare alchemy ingredient for Elynea Mothren.
- During the quest A Night to Remember, you are asked to pick up a giant's toe (among other items). As a result, all giant's toes in your inventory will be marked as quest items until the end of the quest. This makes all your toes weightless, but they cannot be used or removed from your inventory.