|Location||Giant Camps and Blackreach|
|Faction(s)||Creature Faction; GiantFaction|
Giants are enormous humanoids with a primitive, albeit very artistic, culture. They are very territorial, and will raise their clubs above their heads and shake them at you if you walk too close to their camps. If you continue to approach, they will stomp on the ground and become hostile. Giants are normally seen herding mammoths; if you hurt their mammoths or threaten them in any way, the giants will attack. Unprovoked giants are passive creatures.
For more information, see the main lore article.
Giants' main method of attack is using their large clubs. Every time a giant uses a power attack with its club and the attack kills the targeted opponent, the victim will be sent flying hundreds of feet into the air, from where much of the surrounding landscape can be seen. This affects all entities, including you. Hostile giants refuse to enter water, and will eventually walk away if you remain in a body of water.
An effective way to combat giants is to use frost spells, or to use weapons enchanted with frost damage or coated with poisons of slow. Giant attacks should be avoided as they can usually kill you outright even if blocked. It is also recommended to avoid passing within sight of other giants and mammoths when you are in combat with one of them, as they are quick to aid their own kind.
Staying on cliffs where a giant can't get you is also a good way to kill them and they also might lose interest.
Giants can be ragdolled with all 3 words of Unrelenting Force, the Cyclone shout, a werewolf's moving or sprinting power attacks, or a vampire lord's Vampiric Grip spell. These powers can make it a lot easier to defeat them in the early game.
- Occasionally, you may encounter a giant leading a cow painted with symbols along one of Skyrim's roads. These giants will only turn hostile if directly attacked. Various groups of NPCs have been known to attack giants that have strayed too close to the road.
- Giants do not level up with you, but instead have their level set at 32. In contrast, most dragons in the game level up with you. Because of this, a giant can easily win a fight against a dragon when you are at low levels, and you can take advantage of this by leading a dragon to a giant to be killed. Be careful not to stay near the giant once the dragon is close or you may end up having them both attack you.
- It is possible to loot a giant's treasure chest right in front of them, as long as you don't stay near them long enough to turn them hostile.
- Frost giants are added with the Dawnguard add-on.
- There are three different appearances for giants. Each appearance consists of a different set of animal hides and furs.
- The giant encountered at Pelagia Farm is slightly different from other giants. This giant has different health and only carries the unlootable club.
- Giants have one line of dialogue: "Ayarg garag gar!", and it is untranslatable.
- The only named giant in the base game is Grok. Dragonborn adds another named giant in spirit form, Karstaag.