- For 60 seconds, opponents in melee range take 8 points fire damage per second. Targets on fire take extra damage.
Flame Cloak is an adept level Destruction spell that surrounds the caster in flames, causing fire damage to any enemies within melee range and setting them on fire, dealing 30% of the immediate spell damage, scaling down quadratically over 2 seconds.
- You can only have one Cloak spell of any kind active at a time. Casting a second will cancel the first.
- It is a 'smart' spell and does not damage NPCs or followers, unlike J'zargo's flame cloak scrolls.
- Dual casting significantly increases its range (4.84 times the covered area), but does not increase damage.
- The spell will continue to the end of its duration even if you sheathe your weapons. It even operates under water, making it an effective means of dealing with Slaughterfish, since you can't use other attacks or spells while swimming.
- One strategy for using this spell is to cast it and then simply run in tight circles around your enemies. They may be unable to hit you, and the fire will slowly take them out.
- The spell actually lasts 62 seconds, rather than the described 60 seconds, because of the added tapering time in which there is reduced effect.
- When Survival Mode is active, the cloak allows swimming in freezing water without taking damage or suffering additional cold.