|This page is currently being rewritten as part of the Skyrim Quest Redesign Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
- Speak to Madesi in his stall in Riften.
- Gather one mammoth tusk, one gold ore, and two flawless sapphires.
- Return to Madesi.
Speak with Madesi and ask him about his jewelry. You will learn that he is running low on supplies due to heavy bandit presence on the roads and needs help gathering some components. He requires two flawless sapphires, one mammoth tusk, and one piece of gold ore.
Mammoth tusks can be looted from slain mammoths, as well as bought from hunters and certain merchants. Three guaranteed samples can be found in the College of Winterhold's Arcanaeum; eight guaranteed samples can be found in Halted Stream Camp.
Gold ore can be found randomly in containers or in buildings, but an easy place to find some gold veins is in Kolskeggr Mine. There's also Lost Prospect Mine; while the latter is closer, it doesn't have as many veins as Kolskeggr Mine. Alternately, one can just use the Transmute spell to turn one Iron Ore into one Gold Ore.
You can return the items to Madesi as you find them, or all at once. He will give you 100 gold for each item returned (i.e., 200 for the two sapphires). Once you've returned them all, ask Madesi if he needs anything else and he will thank you with a leveled necklace.
- Completing this quest counts towards your eligibility for becoming Thane of the Rift.
- Try not to purchase the items for this quest, as the cost of buying the items can outweigh the reward for returning them.
- Halted Stream Camp is the location of a bounty quest, possible location of a Dungeon Delving quest from Amren, and possible location of the Amulet of the Moon quest, making it easy to complete multiple quests at once if you choose to find your mammoth tusk there.
- There are no quest markers for delivering the items back to Madesi.
- This bug is fixed by version 1.1 of the Unofficial Skyrim Patch.
|Stage||Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
Objective 10: Find 2 flawless sapphires for Madesi (<Global=FFR18GemCount>/2)
Objective 20: Find a mammoth tusk for Madesi (<Global=FFR18TuskCount>/1)
Objective 30: Find gold ore for Madesi (<Global=FFR18OreCount>/1)
|30||(Brought two flawless sapphires)|
|40||(Brought a mammoth tusk)|
|50||(Brought a chunk of gold ore)|
Objective 40: Speak to Madesi
|(Assigned as you acquire the relevant objects)
Objective 15: Bring the flawless sapphires to Madesi
Objective 25: Bring the mammoth tusks to Madesi
Objective 35: Bring the gold ore to Madesi
- The following empty quest stages were omitted from the table: 10, 200, 250.