Skyrim:The Numbers Job
|This page is currently being rewritten as part of the Skyrim Quest Redesign Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
- Talk to Delvin Mallory in The Ragged Flagon about numbers jobs.
- Enter the requested store and alter its ledger.
- Report back to Delvin.
After joining the Thieves Guild, Delvin Mallory will tell you that he handles all the fishing, numbers, and bedlam jobs. Ask him for a numbers job and he will tell you to find the ledger in a specified store and fix it so that the guild's activities can go unnoticed.
The Business Ledger is a large book sitting open on a table, frequently near the store's strongbox. If you look at the book, you are given the option to "Forge Numbers". This option is always available (even if The Numbers Job is inactive, or you are looking at the ledger in a different store), but it will only have an effect on the ledger specified by Delvin.
The quest can send you any one of 28 possible stores. You may be assigned the same location more than once.
You must not be caught and sent to jail while the quest is active, for any reason, otherwise you will fail the quest; you also cannot kill anyone living in the store. Once you have altered the ledger, return to Delvin for a leveled gold reward.
- Activating the ledger does not break invisibility. This is presumably a bug, but does make these missions exceptionally easy to complete if you have access to the spell or potions.
- If anyone from the targeted store dies during the quest for whatever reason it will fail the quest.
- There is a 50% chance that the marker in Haelga's Bunkhouse or The Bannered Mare is an invalid quest destination, namely a static XMarker (RefID
0009d5d8) instead of the interactive Business Ledger. This may also happen with the Drunken Huntsman. Therefore it is impossible to forge the ledger and advance the quest.