|Primary Skills||Enchanting, Restoration, Speech, Alchemy, Conjuration, Smithing|
|Faction(s)||CrimeFactionGreybeard; Faction for not using casual idles; FavorExcludedFaction; Greybeards; WIAdditem03ExclusionFaction|
Arngeir is a powerful Greybeard elder who lives atop High Hrothgar. He tutors you in the art of using the Voice and acts as the Greybeards' representative, in that he is the only one of the four who can speak safely. He is the right hand of Paarthurnax and has taken it upon himself to zealously guard the Throat of the World. Arngeir's schedule consists almost completely of meditation, he never eats any meals and will only stop to sleep. After waking at 2:30am, he will meditate at each of the windows in the western hall before moving out into the courtyard at 4am. While in the courtyard he may either meditate by the fire or in the center of the grounds, or practice the Clear Skies shout in the tower by the gate to the Throat of the World. At 8am he will go indoors and meditate in the main hall until 4pm, at which point he will switch to meditating at the windows in the east and west halls. Arngeir goes to bed at 10pm in any of the beds available.
- The Way of the Voice: Meet the Greybeards.
- The Horn of Jurgen Windcaller: Retrieve a Greybeard artifact from Ustengrav.
- The Throat of the World: Receive a lesson from Paarthurnax.
- The Fallen: Capture and interrogate an ally of Alduin.
- Elder Knowledge: Recover an Elder Scroll to learn an Ancient Secret.
- Season Unending: Enforce a ceasefire to secure Dragonsreach.
- Paarthurnax: Deal with a potential threat.
- The Words of Power: Follow the Greybeards' advice to learn a Word of Power from a word wall. (radiant)
- Through the quest The Words of Power, Arngeir can provide you with word wall locations.
- Arngeir is the only Greybeard who can freely speak, whereas the other three Greybeards cannot even whisper without causing an earthquake. This is because he is the strongest of his fellow Greybeards (excluding Paarthurnax) and has learned how to control his voice and speak normally.
- He is voiced by Christopher Plummer.
- He is the highest level NPC in the base game, at level 150. With Dragonborn installed, Miraak can reach the same level.
- For no apparent reason, most of his schedule changes occur at five minutes past the hour rather than on the hour like most other schedules in the game.
|This Skyrim-related article is a stub. You can help by .|