Here are the most frequently asked questions concerning Redguard. We plan on adding to this list of questions in the future. If you have a question that is not answered in this FAQ, head on over to the Redguard Forum and post a message to the development team. Last updated: 12/15/98
Q: I'm stuck/lost in the game. What do I do?
- A: Redguard is really big. REALLY big. It is easy to get lost or stuck. But there is help!
- 1) First, go to the Draggin Tale (if you are on the main island, that is) and talk with Tobias or Dreekius. Use them as your "help desk" to help you get your bearings in the game and to get hints on how to get past puzzles.
- 2) Visit the Redguard Hints Forum. Spoiler alerts are in effect for all postings.
- 3) The Redguard Companion is the official guide to the world of Redguard. You can get it from your local EB or Babbages, or order it direct from us for $19.99!
Q: I'm having problems running the game.
- A: Visit the Redguard Hints Forum. The Redguard team and our QA team regularly scan those postings and will help you. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org for tech support.
Q: What is Redguard?
- A: Redguard is an action adventure, set in the vast world of The Elder Scrolls. A departure from the hard-core RPG's of Arena and Daggerfall, Redguard combines elements of adventure games with swashbuckling duels and sets them in a living 3D world.
Q: What are the system requirements?
- Pentium 166 Mhz
- 32 MB RAM
- 350 MB free hard drive space
- Windows 95
- 16-bit sound card
- Supported: 3Dfx video card, 4 button gamepad
Q: When is Redguard shipping?
A: We're set for a release in mid-October
- A: Redguard is in stores now!
Q: Is Redguard a sequel to Daggerfall or Battlespire?
- A: Nope. The official sequel to Daggerfall is Morrowind, which is currently in development. Battlespire was the first title in The Elder Scrolls Legend series. The Legend series games are smaller, more focused role-playing games, the kind that you can finish in 40 hours (unlike Daggerfall which offered an unlimited amount of gameplay). Redguard is the first title in The Elder Scrolls Adventures series.
Q: Is Redguard a role-playing game? Will there be character attributes, skills, etc...?
- A: Redguard is an action-adventure game. We're talking swordfighting, thousands of lines of dialogue, a third-person perspective, and adventure game style puzzles. Adventure gaming is about to enter the 3D world, and Redguard is leading the way.
Q: How does swordfighting work?
- A: Much like Prince of Persia, Redguard's sword play is very simple and elegant: Attack and defend. There are about 6 total attacks, but they are easy to learn and do not require that you have an extra joint in your thumb to do them.
Q: Will there be a 3Dfx version?
- A: Definitely! Redguard will use both Voodoo and Voodoo2 graphics boards. If you haven't purchased a 3Dfx card yet, Redguard will be the game that puts you over the edge and makes you run out and buy one.
Q: Will there be D3D support?
- A: Redguard will come in two versions: our X(n)Gine software and 3Dfx. We are currently working on a new engine which incorporates DirectX and more hardware acceleration besides 3Dfx. Morrowind will be based on the new engine.
Q: Will there be a demo? A: No playable demo is scheduled for release yet.
Q: How do I become a beta tester for Redguard?
- A: Sorry, we've already selected our testers.