This page provides information on all the creatures in Redguard. It gives details on where each one is found, their strengths and weaknesses if applicable, and any loot dropped. For information about NPCs in the game, see this page.
All creatures are either hostile or passive; there are no neutral creatures which attack only in defense. Cyrus has two different transformations during his time on Stros M'Kai: a canah bird and gremlin. There are a few other creatures that serve only as scenery, notably the seagulls flying all over the island.
- 1 Hostile Creatures
- 2 Passive Creatures
- 3 Cyrus Transformations
- 4 Other Creatures
Dwarven Mechanical Giant
The Dwarven Mechanical Giant is a heavily armored construct with an extendable mace on one arm, guarding the final room of the Dwarven Ruins. As the dungeon's boss enemy, it is very deadly and kills instantly if it hits you. The automaton is vulnerable only on its left heel, which can withstand six strikes from your sabre. During the fight, it will taunt you with "Rrrooooaaaaarrrr". Once defeated, the mechanical giant falls apart and drops a Dwarven gear, needed to fix the Observatory during the quest Save Hayle's Soul.
After destroying it, Cyrus will say, "Looks like a gear fell out of that creature." In his log, Cyrus refers to the creature by the name given here, but it is also called "Golem" in the game files. The giant has an appearance similar to Steam Centurions and Dwarven Centurions found in later games.
- Takes 4-5 regular hits
- Rather difficult monster found only in the Dwarven Ruins and steam pipes area
- Assumes the form of a steel ball until you approach
- You cannot always defend their attacks.
- They are more difficult to hit than your average opponent and very quick.
- Approach and attack as quickly as possible.
- Takes 3-5 regular hits
- Not that skilled, but quick
- Found only in the Goblin Caverns
- Carries a random treasure (gold, potion, or torch)
This red dragon dwells in the treasure vaults section of the Catacombs. You encounter Nafaalilargus near the end of the game when recovering the soul gem. Cyrus has a short conversation with him before he attacks. He is a fairly tough opponent, dealing 20 damage per hit, and you must heat your blade in the nearby brazier to hurt him.
An ogre protects the final resting place of Archmage Voa in the Goblin Caverns. His attacks do 25 damage without any defense potions and cannot be blocked with your sabre. He is invulnerable to normal weapons, and can only be killed by having him smash one of the columns in the room. You must stand close to one of the columns, near the opposite side from the ogre. His axe will destroy the column and part of the ceiling will collapse, killing the beast.
The ogre carries 300 gold, so it is best to enter the caverns with little or no gold (many gold pouches are scattered throughout the dungeon). Cyrus will comment, "He won't be needing this gold anymore."
- Takes 2 regular hits
- Easy monster found only on the Isle of N'Gasta
- Carry 5-10 gold pieces or a random potion
- Takes 6-7 regular hits
- Takes 3-4 hits with strength potion
- Regenerates after about a minute
- Tough monster found only in the Goblin Caverns
- You cannot defend against their hits so attack as quickly as possible.
- Once dead you can torch their bodies to prevent them from regenerating.
Two of these Daedra are found in N'Gasta's Tower.
- Takes 10 regular hits
- Regenerates after 10-20 seconds
- Tough monster found only on the Isle of N'Gasta
- There seems to be no way to kill them; torching their corpse has no effect.
- Fortunately, they are very slow monsters, so you can easily outrun them.
- They do follow you around for a while before 'forgetting' about you.
The boatman is a mysterious creature who will transport you between Stros M'Kai and the Isle of N'Gasta when given 3 gold. It makes a bone creaking sound, but does not talk.
There is one bull at the Yokudan camp north of Stros M'Kai. You can talk to it, but the bull will respond with "Moooo", or "Moooaaahh" for the last line. Cyrus will cycle through five different lines:
- "Don't suppose you know what's going on."
- "Have we met before?"
- "Ok, cough it up bull, tell me what you know."
- "So, my sister is lost, and there's these pirates, and..oh, forget it."
- "Blonde hair, anhk on his chest, been poking around that wagon. You know the guy I'm looking for."
Like all non-hostile creatures, the bull cannot be attacked.
Two Daedric guardians appear in Clavicus Vile's realm after you agree to play Vile's game. One always tells the truth and the other always lies. You must ask one of them a question to determine which door is correct in order to win Iszara's soul and not lose your own.
Gerrick has a parrot in his store that rhymes nonsense about Iszara and interrupts your conversation. He reveals the location of buried treasure if you talk to him and choose the correct responses to his dialogue. For more details and the entire dialogue, see the main article.
Canahs are the exotic bird of Summerset Isle, bred for their beauty according to Gerrick. Cyrus transforms into one if you offer a feather at a wayshrine. These wayshrines allow you to quickly travel throughout Stros M'Kai. The actual traveling is done through a cutscene; you have no control of the canah bird.
Archmage Jaganvir turns Cyrus into a gremlin after you talk to Falicia about soul gems. As a gremlin, you cannot enter any building except the Jail and die if you touch water. NPCs outside have different dialogue when you are in this form, with the exception of guards who have no interactions. Each of the first six dialogue topics adds another word to a sequence, which resets every fifth word.
- Help!: "Laloo!"
- Please!: "Mee!"
- Iszara!: "Bak!"
- Joto!: "Chaa!"
- Jail!: "Weee!"
- Magic!: "Eng!"
- Joto Magic Please Iszara!: (all four in sequence)
- Bye: "Yupee-nub-nub."
The correct sequence, "Chaa! Eng! Mee! Bak!", unlocks more dialogue that helps direct you to Joto in the Jail. When spoken to Joto, he will recognize the spell and change you back to human form.
Many bats fly overhead on the Isle of N'Gasta, but you cannot interact with them.
Dolphins jump out of the water at frequent intervals near the island's shore. They are not found on the Isle of N'Gasta.
A few rats roam around the Catacombs in circular paths.
Seagulls can be seen flying in the sky above Stros M'Kai, but not the Isle of N'Gasta where they are replaced by bats.