|This page is currently being rewritten as part of the Online Quest Project.
The page is being both written and checked. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
|Breda, a New Life Herald in Eastmarch, spoke of Haven's New Life Festival in Grahtwood.
- Talk to Breda, south of Windhelm.
- Talk to Ormurrel at the Temple of the Eight in Grahtwood.
- Donate either your time or money to the Temple:
- Speak to Ormurrel again to donate gold to the war orphan fund.
- Kill five encroaching creatures to clear the path.
- (Optional) Complete the other objective.
- Return to Breda.
Vicious animals have been encroaching on the Temple of the Eight
This quest can be obtained once a day by talking to Breda, south of Windhelm. She will give you one of 9 quests; you can abandon a quest and get a new one from her to get a different one.
- "The High Elves of Haven have the War Orphan's Sojourn. They travel to a temple in the heart of Grahtwood and donate what they can.
- I'll mark your map. It's quite simple—give what you are able to give."
- All right, I'll walk the War Orphan's Sojourn.
Travel to the Temple of the Eight, west of Elden Root. Once there, talk to Ormurrel:
- "Another on the War Orphan's Sojourn? Though Stendarr provides for all lost children, we will not turn away donations for our charges."
- Other than donations, what can I do to help?
- "Ah, yes. Some of those who walk the War Orphan's Sojourn are far less capable than yourself. The creatures alerted to their passage see them as a fine meal.
- Aggressively dissuading these creatures would help clear the path. If you're so inclined."
- How do I donate to the war orphan fund?
- "I can assist you with that. Anything you can donate will help. We must keep our charges fed."
- All right. I'm ready to donate. [Give gold]
- "What grace. Stendarr smiles upon those who help lost children. Today, he smiles upon you."
- I think I'll kill the encroaching wildlife.
Even if you donate to the fund, you can still kill encroaching wildlife. Animals usually spawn around the temple, allowing for easy kills to satisfy the objective. Once you are finished in Grahtwood, return to Breda:
- I completed the War Orphan's Sojourn. I did all I could to help the children.
- "Then you truly understand the War Orphan's Sojourn. The children have lost everything. Providing what you can, and then even more, gives them New Life in a new year.
- It is not easy. But it eases their burden, which is all they know."
- The quest provides a circle in which to kill the encroaching creatures, but you may receive credit for killing creatures almost anywhere in Grahtwood. The creatures within the circle do respawn more quickly during the Festival, however, and not all creatures outside will count. In particular, Daedra, undead, and humanoid enemies never count, but even among the more natural creatures, it seems fairly arbitrary which ones do and do not count when you are not within the quest circle.
This quest is associated with the following achievements:
|War Orphan's Sojourn
||To complete the War Orphan's Sojourn, I must first travel to the Temple of the Eight in Grahtwood and speak with Ormurrel.
Objective: Talk to Ormurrel at the Temple of the Eight in Grathwood
||To complete the War Orphan's Sojourn, I must either donate gold to the Temple of the Eight in Grahtwood or kill encroaching wildlife that threatens the temple.
Complete one: Donate to the Temple of the Eight in Grahtwood or Kill Encroaching Wildlife: 0/5
||I should return to Eastmarch and speak with Breda.
Objective: Return to Breda
Optional Step: Kill Encroaching Wildlife: 0/5
||I should speak with Breda about celebrating the New Life Festival.
Objective: Talk to Breda