Online:Valley of Blades
|This page is currently being rewritten as part of the Online Quest Project.
The page is being both written and checked. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
|Varen has asked me to accompany Sai Sahan on a trip back to his ancestral home. An old friend, Kasura, may have knowledge of how to sneak into Sancre Tor.|
- Talk to Sai Sahan in the Harborage.
- Talk to Sai Sahan in the Valley of the Blades.
- Find Kasura.
- Destroy the three sigil stones.
- Defeat the titan.
- Talk to Kasura.
- Enter the Ancestral Crypt.
- Talk to Sai Sahan.
- Retrieve the Ring of Stendarr's Mercy.
- Talk to Kasura.
- Defeat the enemies.
- Talk to Sai Sahan.
- Talk to the Prophet in The Harborage.
Once you are close to a major city, the Prophet appears.
- "It is time, Vestige. Sai Sahan's strength has returned. You must accompany him to his ancestral home in the Valley of the Blades."
- The Valley of the Blades?
- "An ancient trading hub, high in the mountains of Hammerfell; a place I thought lost to the ravages of time. Sai Sahan entrusted the key to Sancre Tor to one of his mentors there. It must be retrieved."
You need to speak to Sai Sahan in the Harborage. However, Varen Aquilarios can tell you more:
- "The key to Sancre Tor isn't really a key at all. It's an enchanted ring bearing the sigil of Stendarr.
- The ring is in the keeping of Sai Sahan's mentor, Kasura. You, Lyris, and Abnur must accompany him to the Valley of Blades to retrieve it.
- Of course.
- "The valley contains an abbey I thought long abandoned. In his youth, Sai studied there and honed his craft.
- It seems that Kasura has been using it as a retreat of sorts, to train a select few young warriors. Sai Sahan can tell you more."
Sai Sahan will go over the basics:
- "Honor and faith to you, my friend. We are nearly ready to depart. My Lord Varen requested that Tharn and Snow Lily join us, for safety's sake, though I have seen fewer places as tranquil as the Valley of Blades.
- Why do we need to go to the Valley of Blades?
- "An old friend, Kasura, dwells there. Before I was captured, I placed an enchanted ring in her keeping.
- The ring is a key of sorts. Without it, we will not be able to open the secret chamber where the Amulet of Kings lies hidden."
- Tell me about Kasura.
- "She was my first mentor and instructor, a true master of blades. She still trains young swordsmen in the valley. Those she deems worthy of her instruction."
- What does she teach?
- "Swordsmanship, but much more than that. Her teachings revolve around a trinity of body, blade, and brilliance. The sword-singers of old were said to be masters of all three.
- Look, there will be time for questions later. Are you ready to depart?"
- Yes, I'm ready.
Varen will then open a portal, which Abnur, Lyris, and Sai will step through. Follow them through to continue.
Journey to the Valley of the Blades
Once you're through the portal, you can talk to Sai:
- "Do you smell the scent of burning embers in the air? We may be in for a treat if Kasura is teaching the firewalk!"
- Which way are we heading?
- "The abbey is just down the path.
- We're fortunate that my Lord Varen opened a portal for us. This landslide appears to have blocked the valley's only approach."
- What could have caused it?
- "I cannot say. I've never known these mountains to experience earthquakes. Strange."
- Do all Redguard shave their heads?
- "It is tradition for Redguard men to shave their heads following a time of great trials. I shaved mine long ago, when I failed in the task to restore the lost tradition of the sword-singers.
- Also, long hair gets in the way during battle."
- But you didn't shave your beard.
- "These is an old Redguard proverb. A man is only as great as the beard that wears him.
- A full and healthy beard carries with it a sense of great honor and wisdom. Also crumbs."
- Couldn't it be grabbed in battle?
- "Oh, a few have tried, but a fool and his fingers are quickly parted."
Follow the path, until you see a crumbling, burning ruin—the abbey. As the group speculates about what could have done the damage (Tharn suggests "keeping an eye skyward"), Sai Sahan rushes into the ruins looking for his mentor.
The Missing Mentor
Sai Sahan runs into the center of the ruin, calling Kasura's name. She steps out from behind one of the pillars in the center of the area.
Sai Sahan: "Kasura! Are you injured? What happened?"
Kasura: "Sai Sahan! Intruders … cultists…they attacked the abbey!"
Kasura: "A gigantic beast … like nothing I've seen. The cultists … they're opening rifts to Oblivion!"
Sai Sahan: (?)
Destroying the Sigil Stones
After Sai Sahan finishes talking to Kasura, you will have to destroy the three sigil stones around the area. However, after you approach any one of them, Mannimarco summons Daedric minions to destroy Molag Bal's enemies. He will say something new each time you touch a sigil stone. For the first: "In the name of Molag Bal, come forth and destroy his enemies!" For the second, he will yell "Heed me, Daedric Minions, and obey!" Finally, he'll yell, "Hosts of Oblivion, come forth and feast!"
After destroying the third sigil stone, a titan appears, introduced by the forboding line, "Ah, Sai Sahan and company, at last! My pet has been waiting for you." It will land in front of you. Defeat it, and then go to Kasura:
- "Well fought! Sai Sahan travels with worthy companions."
- Are you injured?
- "My injuries are not serious. What are a few more scars to an old warrior? Scars have the virtue of reminding us that our past is real. My students, and my home, have not fared half so well.
- I'm glad to see you, but curious why you are here."
- We've come for the ring. Is it safe?
- "They did not find the Ring of Stendarr's Mercy. But now that the King of Worms knows you are here, it is only a matter of time before he launches another attack."
- Then we must collect the ring and leave quickly.
- "Indeed. Atop the eastern stair is the secret entrance to the Ancestral Crypt. The ring is within."
- Let's go.
Follow Kasura into the Crypt. Once inside, you can talk to Sai:
- "I can feel the presence of my ancestors whenever I come here. I am burdened with a great responsibility to honor their sacrifice and uphold their legacy."
- Your ancestors are interred here?
- "Aye. Along with some of the most renowned sword-singers who ever lived. We must tread carefully and with great respect."
- Why did Kasura hide the ring here?
- "We both thought it would be well protected in the Valley of Blades. The most gifted young swordmasters of Hammerfell are invited to train with Kasura. The town was bristling with strength and steel before the Titan showed up."
- How did Mannimarco find out about this valley?
- "I cannot say. Perhaps someone told him of my past. Perhaps he pried the memory from me during my time in the Halls of Torment.
- Either way, I am to blame for the valley's destruction. No one I love will be safe until Mannimarco has been dealt with."
- We'll stop Mannimarco.
- "Then I shall need a proper weapon.
- Kasura said that my father's greatsword lies with the ring. It seems proper that I should wield it in his honor."
- Let's go.
Follow the path throug hthe crypt, until you get to the chest containing the ring. Claim it, and talk to Kasura:
- "The ring is yours. Guard it well. I must return to my students to begin the long task of rebuilding."
- Kasura, will you come with us?
- "Thank you, but I cannot leave the Valley of Blades. I must bury the dead and tend to the wounded."
- I must return with the ring, but perhaps Sai Sahan and the others can help.
Mannimarco will appear at the bottom of the stairs, and challenge the group:
Mannimarco: "I knew you would lead me to the ring eventually. Give it to me!
- "Give me the ring and I might spare your pathetic lives!"
Sai: "Your presence defiles this place, Mannimarco!" Lyris: "We struck down your Titan and we'll strike you down soon enough!" Mannimarco: The Titan was a prelude of what's to come if you continue to defy me! Abnur: "Defy you? Your delusions of godhood are laughable, you ignominious corpse-herder!:" Mannimarco: "If you won't give it to me, I'll take it from your corpse!"
He raises Divad Hunding, then Ra Abah, then Ansei Kalam and Ra Adia. Next, he will summon Ra Hasa, Ansei Satameh, and Ra Huzar. Through the fight, Abnur will admonish the Sai for his choice in hiding place:
- "The next time you hide something from the most powerful necromancer in all of Tamriel, you might reconsider hiding it in a bloody tomb!"
Talk to Sai:
- "The ring is ours for the time being. Guard it well."
- I'll guard it with my life.
- "You must return to the Harborage and give it to Lord Varen. It will remain safe in his keeping until it is time to travel to Sancre Tor.
- Lyris, Abnur and I will remain here, to help Kasura bury the dead, and tend to the injured."
- How will I return?
- "Lord Varen has been observing our progress. He will open a portal for you to return
- There it is, at the top of the stairs. Go, quickly!"
- I'll tell him what happened.
In front of where the chest was, a portal has been opened. Step through it to return to the Harborage, and talk to Varen:
- "In my mind's eye, I witnessed your battle with the Worm Cult, and with the undead Ansei abominations. Your mission was successful, was it not?"
- Here is the Ring of Stendarr's Mercy. The Abbey of Blades was destroyed.
- "I witnessed the Titan's assault and sensed thed eaths of many innocents. It is a great and terrible loss.
- Sai Sahan and the others will need time to aid Kasura. I will contact you when they return and we will begin the journey to Sancre Tor."
- Prior to the One Tamriel update, this quest could not be started until level 35.
- The resurrected corpses in the Ancestors' Crypt do not reset or respawn properly. If you're killed during the battle, they may all respawn together after you resurrect, or they may never reappear at all.
- Leaving the Ancestors' Crypt entirely and re-entering will restart the entire scene: Mannimarco's projection will appear in the main room and dialogue will begin before you even make it back.
|Valley of Blades|
|Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
Objective: Talk to Varen
Objective: Enter The Harborage
|Sai Sahan plans to travel to the Valley of Blades to seek an old friend's knowledge of Sancre Tor. I should talk to him before we leave.
Objective: Talk to Sai Sahan
Objective: Travel to the Valley of Blades
|We arrived in the Valley of Blades, but something is amiss. I should talk to Sai Sahan.
Objective: Enter the Abbey of Blades
Optional Step: Talk to Sai Sahan
|The abbey is burning and Sai Sahan has run ahead to search for Kasura. I should follow and help find Kasura.
Objective: Find Kasura
Objective: Listen to Kasura
Objective: Destroy the Sigils
: Kill the Cultists
Objective: Defeat the Titan
Objective: Talk to Kasura
Objective: Enter the Ancestral Crypt
Objective: Find the Ring of Stendarr's Mercy
Objective: Protect the Ancestral Crypt
Objective: Return to the Harborage