Online:The Trial of Five-Clawed Guile
|This page is currently being rewritten as part of the Online Quest Project.
The page is being both written and checked. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
|This quest is only available during the New Life Festival|
|Breda, a New Life Herald in Eastmarch, spoke of Rawl'kha's New Life Festival in Reaper's March.|
- Talk to Breda, south of Windhelm.
- Head to Rawl'kha and speak to Tumira
- Unlock the three nearby locked chests and take the coins inside before the time runs out.
- Return to Tumira
- Return to Breda to complete the quest
Breda tells you of a Khajiit New Life tradition which involves trickery and sleight of hand.
- "Khajiit of Rawl'kha honor their trickster god Rajhin with the Trial of Five-Clawed Guile. Travel to Reaper's March and speak with Tumira. She'll help you celebrate the New Life with the slightest of hand!"
- All right, I'll head to Rawl'kha.
Tumira can be found on the other side of a bridge from the wayshrine at Rawl'kha:
- "This one welcomes you to the Trial of Five-Clawed Guide! Celebrate the New Life and pay your respects to Rahjin, all at once!"
- How would I do that?
- "Rajhin once said, 'A rock is a pebble to be tossed from one's boot.' Use your lockpicks to retrieve the contents of the nearby chests. Show you have as little regard for barriers as the mighty Rajhin. And be quick about it!"
You will need to unlock three chests of varying difficulty levels -- Simple, Intermediate, and Advanced -- and loot Rajhin's Coin, Prowler's Coin, and Footpad's Coin from within. You'll have a minute and five seconds to do it, starting when you interact with any chest and ending when you finish unlocking the last chest. If you want the Five-Clawed Cat Burglar achievement, you'll have to do it in just thirty-five seconds. If you've grouped up with other players, you can each work on different chests at the same time; your progress will be shared.
If you fail the challenge, you'll need to return to Tumira:
- "A valiant attempt, but Rajhin frowns upon your beetle's pace. Well, this one frowns on behalf of Rajhin."
- Can I try again?
- "Of course! Rajhin often tricked the unwary by causing them to underestimate his prowess. This one suspects your 'failure' was a gambler's feint. Go! Prove yourself to all who doubt."
Once you complete the challenge successfully, return to Tumira:
- "Rajhin would applaud your swiftness! Though, he might instead pick the pocket of one distracted by your prowess. Truly, the best thieves come and go with the wind."
- What should I do with the coins?
- "What coins? You aren't the only one who honors Rajhin. As you brought them to me, another retrieved the coins from your pocket and returned them to the chests. Such is how Rawl'kha celebrates the New Life, finding true wealth in our actions."
Upon returning to Breda, you'll find that this is a regular occurrence:
- "Ah, you return from a land of grass and sweetrolls to one of snow and mead! How was your visit to Rawl'kha?"
- I completed the Trial of Five-Clawed Guile.
- "What did Tumira ask you to do? Retrieve the coins from the chest, or from the victor's purse? No, don't tell me--I'll ask her when she visits."
|The Trial of Five-Clawed Guile|
|Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
|She said I should travel to Rawl'kha and speak with Tumira.
Objective: Travel Rawl'kha in Reaper's March
|I should speak with Tumira, the Festival Chief of Rawl'kha..
Objective: Talk to Tumira
Objective: Collect Footpad's Coin
Objective: Collect Prowler's Coin
Objective: Collect Rahjin's Coin
|I retrieved a unique coin from each of the locked chests. I should present them to Tumira.
Objective: Present Coins to Tumira
|I should return to Eastmarch and speak with Breda.
Objective: Return to Breda
|I should speak with Breda about celebrating the New Life Festival.
Objective: Talk to Breda
|This Online-related article is a stub. You can help by .|