Online:The Strangeness of Seht
|This page is currently being rewritten as part of the Online Quest Project.
The page is being both written and checked. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
|This article could benefit from an image.
See Help:Images for information on how to upload images. Please remove this template from the page when finished.
|Divayth Fyr is convinced that something sinister is driving Sotha Sil's recent change of character. He asked me to help him root out the cause of the Clockwork God's new and peculiar behavior.|
- Talk to Divayth Fyr in the Chancel of Records.
- Question the aides in the Clockwork Basilica.
- Talk to Divayth Fyr.
- Find Neramo at the marketplace.
- Locate discarded loquitorium lamps in the Mechanical Fundament.
- Collect components to build a new lamp.
- Find Neramo in the Hall of Refined Techniques.
- Return to Divayth Fyr.
- Place the new lamp on the balcony above the loqutorium.
- Talk to Divayth Fyr and attend the Congress of Calibration.
- Activate the lamp.
- Defeat the shadow in the Sotha Sacristy.
- Report to Divayth Fyr.
- Talk to Varuni Arvel.
Speaking to Kiliban Arethi
- "So you're the one that Divayth has tapped to be his aid in the Brass Fortress. Sorry to hear that.
Provost Varuni's ancestors hail from House Telvanni, just like Lord Fyr. But honestly, they couldn't be more different."
- What's it like working for Provost Varuni?
- "Not as bad as you might expect. She's young. Youth comes with impatience. But I've never felt unfairly judged, and she's generous with her praise.
Honestly, if I had the choice between serving Varuni or Sotha Sil, I'd take Varuni every time."
- Sotha Sil is difficult to work for.
- "Now more than ever. I don't pretend to understand his motives, but he's never been so demanding.
One example? He insists that we turn all the lights down before he enters a room. Do you have any idea how difficult that is? It's maddening."
- Is flipping a switch that difficult?
- "Ha! Flipping switches. That's rich.
Each lamp has its own switch, and some lamps have multiple switches. And if that isn't mad enough, some switches control multiple lamps! He's a god, I know. But it shouldn't take a genius to turn on the lights"
- That sounds frustrating
- "Don't even get me started.
Varuni might demand some obscure tome in the middle of the night, or chide someone for leaving oil on the floor, but that's the worst of it. Sotha Sil exiled an auxiliary last week because she forgot to switch off a lamp!"
- Thanks for letting me know all that. I should get going.
- "Right, right - don't let me keep you. I can't imagine how demanding Divayth Fyr must be. Better you than me, that's for sure. Keep your nose to the cogs and you'll be fine.
Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to flip two dozen switches. Again."
Speaking to Sedris Nedaren
- "So you're Divayth Fyr's new auxiliary, eh? Tough luck, friend. I've heard he's an insufferable bastard, but at least he's not Sotha Sil. Better to be turned into a guar than to serve the Clockwork God. "
- You don't like working for Sotha Sil?
- "Not anymore. In the old days, sure. He was easy to please because he was never around.
These days? He changes his mind about something every night. Constant meetings, new dictums daily, adjustments to Factotum patrols. It's a nightmare."
- Are you sure he hasn't always been this way? You said he was never around.
- "Trust me, this is unprecedented. I'm afraid something's wrong with his enhancements, like he's having trouble regulating. He's a different person, I swear.
Don't tell anyone I said this. Especially Gascone. Blasphemy doesn't go over well nowawadays. "
- "Yes. Speaking ill of a god never turns out well. In the old days, he'd take it in his stride. Commit your small blasphemies, he'd say. The fire of doubt turns ignorance to steam. But not anymore.
This place is getting more like Mournhold every day."
- Sorry to hear that. I should get going.
- "Right. I'm sure you have plenty of work to do for Lord Fyr. He's back a few days and already burying you in paperwork, no doubt.
Take care of yourself, friend."
Speaking to Agral
- "You're Lord Fyr's newest steward, eh? Could we talk later? If I don't finish this lamp inventory, Gascone will feed me to the fabricants."
- Lamp inventory?
- "Yeah, Gascone must know much I love doing paperwork.
- A few days ago, Sotha Sil ordered us to rip out all the lamps in here and replace them with less efficient ones. What kind of sense does that make? Who wants weaker lamps?"
- What are you doing with the old lamps?
- "A bunch of factotums loaded them onto a dolly and dumped them somewhere in the Mechanical Fundament.
- Hey, I know that look. If you're looking to poach a free lamp, don't bother. Gascone made us slag them all. And that's not even the worst part.
- What's the worst part?
- "Half the old switches don't work with the new lamps, so we've had to manufacture new switches. And half the time, the switches get installed backward, which means we have to do it all over again! Even the factotums don't know what they're doing!"
- "That does sound frustrating, but...
- "And don't even get me stared on the lamp assembly! Sotha Sil could have tuned the fabricators to make the new lamps with a flick of his finger, but he demanded that we do it instead!
- Do you have any idea how complex the fabricators are?"
- I don't. But I really have to go. Good luck.
Speaking to her again will have her say, "Crank this... I've never had to do this much paperwork. And this isn't even the worst part!"
In the Mechanical Fundament
Upon finding the various lamp components in Mechanical Fundament, Neramo can be overheard saying the following:
- (Dented Lamp Tube)"Some kind of tubular housing. Probably meant to protect a glass interior? Hard to say"
- (Charred Clockwork Filaments)"A complex filament of some kind. The weaving on this fiber... it must be machine-made. I should be taking notes"
- " "
- " "
- Collect a "Modulated Compressor"
Na'jhargo can be intimidated by threatening to bring Sotha sil or Proctor Luciana.
The Lamp Tube can be acquired from Hailibah. She can either be persuaded that you are an associate of provost Varuni, or you can buy it for 69 [verification needed — check constant] gold.
- Neramo will exclaim "Wrong way, Assistant!" if you veer of the assigned path.