Online:The New Life Festival
|This page is currently being rewritten as part of the Online Quest Project.
The page is being both written and checked. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
|This quest was only available during the New Life Festival|
|Breda, a New Life Herald in Eastmarch, spoke of the New Life Festival celebrated across Tamriel.|
Starting the Event
You first need to acquire the free New Life Festival Scroll from the Crown Store. Read the scroll, found in your inventory in the Miscellaneous section (on PC) or the Supplies section (on console), to start the quest:
- <A simple map directs revelers to Breda, a New Life Herald in Eastmarch. There is a small note scrawled on the map.>
- "All are welcome to celebrate the New Life Festival!"
- I should find Breda in Eastmarch.
Head to the revelers' tent, just south of Windhelm, and talk to Breda:
- "You're here for the New Life Festival? I'm happy to serve as a herald. I can tell you all you need to know!"
- What is the New Life Festival?
- "It marks a fresh start to the new year, for all who walk beneath the sun. Everyone in Tamriel celebrates!
- Well, perhaps not the Maormer—but everyone else. You should try it for yourself and see!"
- I'm interested. Tell me more about it.
- "The New Life Festival was once a celebration of Magnus, the sun god. I have a book—you're welcome to read about the history, if you care to.
- But I'd rather tell you about the celebrations. Very few involve a chance of paper cuts!"
- "Celebrations?" There are more than one?
- "Of course! They're different all over. I've taken part in cliff jumping, anchor tossing, and even drunken echatere racing ... though Orsinium had to cancel that one.
- Simply ask, and I'll send you to the best celebrations in Tamriel!"
She will then offer a number of repeatable quests to celebrate the New Life Festival with the different cultures of Tamriel. Each quest can be completed once a day.
Completing all nine activities unlocks the "New Life Cerulean" dye. In addition, drinking Breda's Magnificent Mead (located in a keg near Breda) will net you double XP for two hours.
New Life Gift Box
- This box contains gifts that many celebrants would find of interest.
For completing a subsequent daily quest, you will receive one New Life Gift Box. Each Gift Box contains a guaranteed sample of Wolfsbane Incense, as well as a selection of crafting materials related to the New Life Festival. They can also contain unique recipes, Skinchanger motif pages, or rare collectibles (two hats, one costume, one memento). All of these items can be traded with other players, including the collectibles.
The possible crafting material rewards are mostly Provisioning ingredients. You may receive one sample of Bervez Juice or Frost Mirriam, or 3-4 samples of Bugloss, Columbine, Fish, Honey, Mountain Flower, Nightshade, Rose, or Saltrice. You may also receive two Oko or Okoma runes instead.
- Crafting Motifs 31: Skinchanger (14 chapters)
- Alcaire Festival Sword-Pie Recipe (creates Alcaire Festival Sword-Pie Recipe)
- Old Aldmeri Orphan Gruel Recipe (creates Old Aldmeri Orphan Gruel)
- Rajhin's Sugar Claws Recipe (creates Rajhin's Sugar Claws)
- Snow Bear Glow-Wine Recipe (creates Snow Bear Glow-Wine)
- Bergama Warning Fire Recipe (creates Bergama Warning Fire)
- Betnikh Twice-Spiked Ale Recipe (creates Betnikh Twice-Spiked Ale)
- Jagga-Drenched "Mud Ball" Recipe (creates Jagga-Drenched "Mud Ball")
- Lava Foot Soup-And-Saltrice Recipe (creates Lava Foot Soup-And-Saltrice)
- Hissmir Fish-Eye Rye Recipe (creates Hissmir Fish-Eye Rye)
- Runebox: Colovian Filigreed Hood (Hat)
- Runebox: Colovian Fur Hood (Hat)
- Runebox: Nordic Bather's Towel (Costume)
These consumable items allow your character to perform festival-related emotes. You will receive 10 in every Gift Box.
- Disposable Swallower's Sword
- Disposable Juggling Knives
- Swamp Gas Acorn Pill
- Fire-Breather's Oil Bun
- Mud Ball
Special Traveling Festival Merchants will appear during this event, and sell two festival consumables: High Hrothgar Festival Mints and Sailor's Warning Festival Grog. Sailor's Warning Festival Grog can also be earned by completing optional objectives during the daily quests.
|The New Life Festival|
|Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
|I should speak with Breda about celebrating the New Life Festival.
Objective: Talk to Breda