|This page is currently being rewritten as part of the Online Quest Project.
The page is being both written and checked. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
|Breda, a New Life Herald in Eastmarch, spoke of Skywatch's New Life Festival in Auridon.
- Talk to Breda, south of Windhelm.
- Go to Skywatch and throw mud balls at ten people.
- Head into the Skywatch Manor and throw a mud ball at one of the three alliance ambassadors.
- Return to Breda to claim your reward.
Breda informs you of a wood elf tradition: throwing mud balls! To complete this quest you will need to throw 10 mud balls at NPCs or certain players. The quest marker leads you to Skywatch in Auridon, but you can throw mud balls in any of the zones (excluding Cyrodiil and the Imperial City). In fact, if you wish to complete the achievement associated with this quest you will need to throw mud balls in two other zones.
- "Wood Elf immigrants to Auridon introduced the locals of Skywatch to Mud Ball Merriment. It is as you'd expect—mud balls thrown at everyone. But each year, there is a specific target the Wood Elves agree most needs to be humbled."
- Who is this year's target?
- "There are three! Ambassadors of each Alliance meet in Auridon to speak with righteous purpose. No doubt to argue the shape of the negotiating table, or which wine to serve next. They should take themselves less seriously, don't you think?"
- All right, I'll introduce them to the Mud Ball Merriment.
You need to throw 10 mud balls in Auridon. Near the wayshrine, there are many NPCs grouped together celebrating the festival; they are a good target. Next, you will need to hit one of the three alliance ambassadors with a mud ball. Any ambassador will complete this stage of the quest. They are all located in Skywatch Manor in the first room on the right.
If you want to complete the achievement Mud Ball Miscreant (which requires you to throw mudballs at the alliance leaders), you should visit Wayrest in Stormhaven and Windhelm in Eastmarch. King Emeric (the Daggerfall Covenant leader) can be found in Wayrest Castle, close to the Wayrest Wayshrine. King Jorunn can be found in the Skald-King's Temporary Court, which is near the Windhelm enchanting station. Depending on your progression in the Aldmeri Dominion questline, Queen Ayrenn can be found either in Skywatch Manor or Vulkhel Guard's Manor & Treasury on Auridon, or the Queen's Residence in Marbruk, which near the Marbruk Wayshrine in Greenshade. Be aware that hitting any of the rulers or a guard will net you a small bounty. Hitting regular NPCs around Skywatch, such as the revelers, will not incur a bounty. You will need to make sure Prevent Attacking Innocents is turned off in your Gameplay settings if you are unable to throw the mud balls at an NPC.
Return to Breda for your reward:
- "Is that a bit of mud on your hands? How was your visit to Skywatch?"
- I took part in the Mud Ball Merriment.
- "Wonderful! Mud on the face reminds us that life is not always so self-important. With the New Life comes a bit of fun, for those who aren't too proud to take part."
|Mud Ball Merriment
||To participate in Mud Ball Merriment, I should first head to Skywatch and throw mud balls at anyone who looks too stuffy to enjoy themselves.
Objective: Share the Joy of Mud Balls in Skywatch: 0/10
||To participate in Mud Ball Merriment, I should throw mud balls at the Alliance ambassadors. They can be found in Skywatch.
Complete one: Pelt Dominion Ambassador Camore or Pelt Daggerfall Ambassador Arnand Relippe or Pelt Ebonheart Ambassador Tolendos Dreloth
||I should return to Eastmarch and speak with Breda.
Objective: Return to Breda
||I should speak with Breda about celebrating the New Life Festival.
Objective: Talk to Breda