Online:Getting to the Truth
|This page is currently being rewritten as part of the Online Quest Project.
The page is being both written and checked. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
|This article could benefit from an image.
See Help:Images for information on how to upload images. Please remove this template from the page when finished.
|Vicecanon Heita-Meen wants me to look into the disappearance of Vicecanon Hrondar.|
- Find Vicecanon Hrondar's location at Listens-to-Water's hut.
- Rescue the prisoners in Silyanorn Ruins.
After accepting this quest from Vicecanon Heita-Meen, your conversation with her will continue:
- "When I said Vicecanon Hrondar was indisposed, I spoke half the truth. He's missing, and I fear it's the work of our killer.
- This is why Vicecanon Servyna and I request your utmost discretion in recovering Vicecanon Hrondar to us."
- What can I do?
- "Listens-to-Water is one of our little fish, our eyes and ears. He signals when he possesses urgent information for the vicecanons. A short while ago, we received his signal.
- Be swift and silent as currents in a stream. Speak with Listens-to-Water on our behalf."
Listens-to-Water's hut is west of the Stormhold Guild Hall, on the outskirts of Stormhold. When you enter it, you'll find the Argonian lying dead and burned. Check the body:
- <The Argonian in this hut was only recently killed. His body is still warm.>
- <The flesh of his body looks charred, just like Eroni Omobar's body. There's no mistaking the similarity in the wounds.>
- <Look around for records.>
Check the north side of the hut; on a table, you'll find a journal detailing Listens-to-Water's Observations regarding the strange behavior of his egg-brother, Chornakus, and odd events happening at Silyanorn Ruins. After you read the journal, a Dominion spy will appear in the hut and attack you in an attempt to steal Listens' notes. Kill the spy and then head to Silyanorn Ruins, east and slightly south of Listens' hut.
Inside, you'll find a number of "Skin-Stealer" enemies, who appear to be Dunmer, Nords, and Argonians. When killed, however, their names will change to identify them as Dominion personnel. If you look at the bodies, you'll briefly be able to see their true forms -- Altmer, Bosmer, and Khajiit -- before they dissolve into glowing red dust. As you fight your way further into the ruins, however, the "Skin-Stealer" enemies will thin out, and you'll mostly face resistance from undisguised Dominion soldiers.
You'll find Vicecanon Hrondar deep inside the ruins. He'll hear you approach before you spot him, and call out to you: "Is someone there? Help me! Please!" You'll find him in the center of a large room, with Dominion enemies at each corner; it actually doesn't appear to be necessary to kill them, as they're far enough away that approaching Hrondar won't draw their attention.
Speak to Hrondar:
- "Shor's bones, it's good to see you! The Dominion, right under our noses. Damned insidious.
- I have to warn Servyna and Heita-Meen. Quick, untie me!"
- Are you all right?
- "Yes, but I've been here less than a day. Some of Stormhold's citizens were here longer, held in the alcoves nearby.
- I'll distract these Dominion snowbacks. Should buy you time to free the prisoners. Meet me on the surface!"
- I'll free the prisoners.
Hrondar will promptly dart out of the room and out of the ruins, leaving you to deal with all the Dominion personnel he isn't distracting. Locate and untie the four prisoners; they'll leave of their own accord.
Meet Hrondar outside and speak to him to complete the quest:
- "Gods, it felt good to bury an axe in their throats! From the prisoners trickling out, I trust you enjoyed yourself as much as I. Did you free them all?"
- Yes, they're safe. Are you all right?
- "I'd be better if the damned ruins beneath my feet weren't infested with Dominion! We've posted guards until reinforcements can wipe them clean.
- You kept this city from tearing itself apart. Stormhold's in your debt."
|Getting to the Truth|
|Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
Objective: Talk to Listens-to-Water
Objective: Find Listens-to-Water's Reports
Objective: Enter Silyanorn Ruins
Objective: Investigate Silyanorn Ruins
Objective: Rescue Vicecanon Hrondar
: Rescue a Prisoner
Objective: Free the Prisoners
Objective: Find Vicecanon Hrondar