Online:Crypt of Hearts I
|# of Zones||1|
|Westmark Moor, Rivenspire|
|Veteran Speed Run Target||20 mins|
This place's forbidding black towers are visible for leagues, even through Rivenspire's drifting mists. Yet the local inhabitants never mention it, behaving as if it doesn't even exist. But the Crypt of Hearts is no illusion or mirage—it is solid and all too real.
Formerly a school teaching Destruction magic, sword fighting, alchemy, and possibly even Daedric summoning, the crypt is now home to some of the tortured souls of its teachers and of its students. In this version, Alanwe needs you to piece together her soul, which is currently contained in three phylacteries scattered throughout the Crypt.
See also: Crypt of Hearts II
- Crypt of Hearts Objective: Explore the Crypt of Hearts. / You braved the dangers of the Crypt of Hearts.
- Pledge: Crypt of Hearts I: Prove you are truly Undaunted by clearing the Crypt of Hearts I.
Crypt of Hearts Pledge: Explore the Crypt of Hearts and return Undaunted.(disabled since Patch 2.6.4)
- Skeletal Warriors, Pyromancers, Runecasters and Archers
- Zombies, Zombie Plague-bearers and Zombie Stalkers
- The Mage Master's Slaves
- Bone Colossi
- The Mage Master, a skeleton accompanied by smaller mage skeletons
- Uulkar Bonehand, a lich
- Dogas the Berserker, a Dremora warrior
- Archmaster Siniel, a necromancer
- Death's Leviathan, a giant bone colossus
- Ilambris-Athor and Ilambris-Zaven, a pair of Xivilai torturers
The first chamber is a natural cavern augmented with Daedric-style architecture. Skeletons and zombies can be fought on an island in the middle of the partially flooded room. A tombstone sits in the middle of this formation. More undead and a Zombie Plague-bearer lie in the hallway ahead. You'll fall into a pit to enter a room filled with bookshelves, ghosts and skeletons. The Mage Master and his minions reside here.
The hallway ahead contains more zombies, including a Zombie Stalker. Three Zombie Plague-bearers stalk the hall ahead of this group. Archmaster Siniel lies ahead. There's a tombstone on the south side of this room. The next hallway contains yet more zombies. If you turn right at the T-shaped split in the path, you may find a chest sitting against the wall by the sealed door. You'll need to head south to progress further into the dungeon.
The southern path leads you to a cave system. A chest can spawn amid the very first group of undead within these caves, which consists of a Wraith, a Skeletal Archer, and three Skeletal Warriors. Ghosts patrol the caves. Another group of undead works to excavate more tunnels off to the side, and the way into the next room is guarded by more skeletons. The next boss, Death's Leviathan, resides within a large chamber with no ceiling. A heavy sack can spawn near one of the sarcophagi along the eastern wall. A heavy sack and a chest can spawn in the room behind the boss, to the west. There's a tombstone in this room, as well.
Bone Colossi begin appearing as elite enemies in the halls south of Death's Leviathan. One guards the hall heading west, and one guards the room off to the south and east, where Uulkar Bonehand, a lich mini boss, resides. A tombstone sits between two iron crosses at the eastern end of this room.
Three Skeletal Runecasters and four Banekin guard the entrance to the next chamber, which lies at the end of the western hall. The next miniboss is Dogas the Berserker. He is standing in the middle of the room, surrounded by four Skeletal Warriors and four Banekin. The last boss lies at the end of the hallway, on a pavilion overlooking a Coldharbour chasm.
The exit lies to the west. A heavy sack can spawn beside the Daedric candelabra on the right facing the tunnel. The lever at the end of the tunnel opens the way back into the first chamber. From here, you can exit the dungeon through the way you came without needing to teleport.
- Betrayal — A eulogy for abroken man'swife
- Love's Eternal Flame — A poem surrounding the mage Anconath
- The Deepest Cut — Poem on Rulanir the Blademaster
- The Summoner — Poem on Faindor the Prodigy
- The Thief God's Treasures by Wafaruz the Veracious Spitter — On Rajhin's Daedric prizes and exploits
|Set Name||Bonuses||Location(s)||Set Type|
|Shroud of the Lich||
2 items: Adds 3-129 Magicka Recovery
|Crypt of Hearts||Light Armor|
2 items: Adds 25-1096 Maximum Stamina
|Crypt of Hearts||Medium Armor|
2 items: Adds 28-1206 Maximum Health
|Crypt of Hearts||Heavy Armor|
1 item: Adds 25-1096 Maximum Magicka
|Crypt of Hearts I||Monster Helm Sets|
There are seven Achievements associated with this dungeon:
- The Crypt of Hearts appeared in both Arena and Shadowkey.
- Before dungeon scaling was introduced in Update 5, Normal Crypt of Hearts was designed for levels 28–31, and Veteran Crypt of Hearts was designed for Veteran Ranks 11–12.
- Prior to Update 12, Crypt of Hearts I was only available in Normal mode, and Crypt of Hearts II was only available in Veteran mode. These were named Crypt of Hearts and Veteran Crypt of Hearts respectively.
- The Wraithhome player home is located nearby and uses the same architectural style.