Oblivion talk:Xbox 360
|Archive 1: November 2006 - October 2009|
- 1 DreadWeave Armour and weapons
- 2 The Missing Song
- 3 mods
- 4 controls
- 5 Modio - advice needed from Xboxers
- 6 Transfering files.
- 7 Imperial Island?
- 8 Patches.
- 9 Rumble
- 10 Transfered save to PC won't load
- 11 Mods and Plug-Ins for 360
- 12 5th Anniversary Edition
- 13 Getting the latest patch on the 360 without Xbox LIVE.
- 14 Are saves unlimitted?
- 15 Hard Drive and relations to SI and KotN
DreadWeave Armour and weapons
I currently own an xbox 360 version of oblivion adn i really want the mod that gives me the dreadweave armour and weapons... someone please help? — Unsigned comment by 220.127.116.11 (talk) on 7 February 2010
- Sorry, it is not possible to run third party mods on the Xbox 360 version. --Timenn-<talk> 10:41, 18 February 2010 (UTC)
Actually it is. First you need a Jtag and then just use google. you can put the plugin into a content folder and run it on the 360.
The Missing Song
Auriel's Acention (spelling) was excluded from the Xbox version of the game and in my opinion is one of the best ones. Should this get a mention? I'm not totally sure that's the only reason I'm asking.--Corevette789 03:03, 27 February 2010 (UTC)
- Huh. Being an X-Box user, I had no idea what you were talking about, but after hearing it on YouTube, that was a very good song, and I'm bummed it didn't go on the X=Box version. Sure, you you should probably add it on on the Kot9 page.--Arch-Mage Matt 03:23, 27 February 2010 (UTC)
- Why KotN it is added with any PC version of the game? I was thinking this one, it being absent from both consoles I believe.--Corevette789 03:38, 27 February 2010 (UTC)
hi some one has been putting things on the page about mods and that you can gt them but i'm not so sure about this--GUM!!! 23:46, 27 May 2010 (UTC)
- Exact wording:
There has been mixed success with getting unofficial mods working on the Xbox 360. Simple mods seem to work perfectly, more complicated mods have issues with textures, and the most complicated mods don't seem to load at all or freeze the game. In order to use any mods on your Xbox 360 the console itself seems to need to be modded. --Arch-Mage MattTalk 23:48, 27 May 2010 (UTC)
Several users on this site and anoynomous editors say things like Press, WHITE, BLACK, may I just ask what is white and what is black, I play on the xbox 360 and I have no idea what they are talking about , can somebody explain this to me? ArnyTalk Contributions 10:23, 23 June 2010 (UTC)
- this is origanal xbox.in morrowind you could preess the white and black buttons in a certin code and it would restore your helth magic and fatige--GUM!!! 12:01, 23 June 2010 (UTC)
- The black and white buttons are replaced with left and right bumpers, though I doubt that presing them will work as one is the control for spells (ie just using more magicka) MrL 04:58, 1 September 2010 (UTC)
Modio - advice needed from Xboxers
- (moved from the article)
A solution to this is to use Modio to change the console id in fact modio is the best for oblivion character mods
- What do XBoxers think of this solution? Modio doesn't seem to be illegal, but a quick Google suggests that using this thing is not a good idea. If not, I'd rather not include this information. rpeh •T•C•E• 18:37, 7 September 2010 (UTC)
- It is possible to transfer save files between Xbox 360 and PC, due to the ability of a 360 to accept information from a USB Drive. I do not know if a PS3 can use those, but if not than there would not be any way. --DKong27 Talk Cont 01:50, 5 April 2011 (UTC)
Was just scrolling past the Imperial Island on my way to Cheydinhal, and I glaced at the Island. I realized it looks EXACTLY like North America, complete with Alaska, Baja California, Central America (minus Caribbeans), and Maine/Newfoundland. Look at it and you will see the strange similarity. Does anyone know anything about this? Did Bethesda base the Imperial Island off of NA, or was it a coincidence? Just wondering. &%£V£/\/ 06:22, 24 December 2010 (UTC)
- I can't see any similarity. Nothing like this caught my eye. --Rigas Papadopoulos • Talk • Deeds • 10:33, 24 December 2010 (UTC)
Wrong place to ask probally but i just turned on my xbox and started up oblivion, and i got an update. considering this game is 4 years old, what on earth is updating? (18.104.22.168 16:55, 9 January 2011 (UTC))
- You probably cleared your system cache, probably to fix some problem with another game. Oblivion updates are stored in the system cache, if you clear it you get an update. --Morrolan (talk) 01:43, 11 September 2013 (GMT)
another thing that differs from the pc version is the controll ability to put vibration of the controler on, shouldn't that be added? — Unsigned comment by 22.214.171.124 (talk) at 14:33 on 10 March 2011 (UTC)
- I don't remember the rumble function getting much use during the game, and isn't really so much as a different between platforms as it is a generally ignored feature of the Xbox. Though it might be worth mentioning still if we want to mention every tiny little difference. --AKB Talk Contribs Email 14:33, 10 March 2011 (UTC)
Transfered save to PC won't load
I realize this is totally unsupported but I thought I'd ask anyway. I followed the directions for moving a save from the Xbox to the PC and I can see the save files on the PC in Oblivion just fine. I have a save from before I opened the sewer exit and locked in my character that loads just fine (save 1). When i try to load any other save Oblivion just locks up and start eating memory. I've let it run for 15 minutes to just be sure it wasn't doing to something in the background. Any ideas? Thanks. Didolgi 18:47, 29 March 2011 (UTC)
Three years later, but I also seem to be having this problem. This is something of a desperate attempt to see if anyone has any ideas. 126.96.36.199 05:58, 16 December 2014 (GMT)
Mods and Plug-Ins for 360
i was wondering if there is any way to download a mod or plug-in to a usb drive and then put it onto my 360 since i cant get a connection to the system itself. i heard from various others that you have to have both your 360 and the hard drive to make the downloaded content work, but i cant even make my xbox get connected (keeps saying there is nothing connected to it.)
anyone got any help for me? i would really like some help in this matter because i would really like to get some of the plug-ins and mods for my system.
5th Anniversary Edition
So in the meantime before Skyrim Bethesda is releasing a 5th Anniversary Edition of Oblivion. See Article I've checked a couple internet sources and all of them mention it containing the "GOTY" edition disks, so it appears it's not the "Deluxe" edition that was released on Steam for PC (it contained ALL the DLC, not just Shivering Isles and KotN). Can anyone else confirm that this is the case? -CoolJoe 188.8.131.52 23:27, 24 May 2011 (UTC)
- Indeed, your assumption seems correct. Then again, all of the DLC are readily available for purchase online (Signified by its name Downloadable Content), the reason that the Steam Deluxe edition includes it could be the fact that by purchasing it through Steam, you are getting it online already. Thanks for pointing this out though, really nice piece of information; could be worthy of a news story perhaps? --AKB Talk Cont Mail 23:32, 24 May 2011 (UTC)
- I think it is worthy of a news story, I'm considering getting it just for that awesome metal case it comes in. And at only $30 it's quite the deal, and that $10 off coupon for Skyrim only sweetens that deal. If it really does only come with the standard GOTY DLCs than that is a bit disappointing, I know they're still available on xbox live, but having them on a physical disk, rather than associated with a single online account, would just be nice. -CoolJoe 184.108.40.206 00:11, 25 May 2011 (UTC)
Getting the latest patch on the 360 without Xbox LIVE.
Is there any way this can be accomplished? Could I burn a file to a disc and insert it into the Xbox? I don't have the internet speeds needed to get Xbox LIVE, and I need the patch to run official plug-ins I downloaded. I can't run Shivering, Deepscorn, or Mehrunes Razor. I can run Frostcrag. This seems to indicate that I have the completely unpatched version. I don't know exactly how I lost the patch (I know I used to have it, from earlier when I had Xbox Live) but I know I need it to run those plug-ins. Can anyone help? --220.127.116.11 06:07, 1 June 2011 (UTC)
- You don't need much internet speed to run XBox Live at the basic level. A 96K modem honestly should work well enough for just downloading updates, it's not very big. --Morrolan (talk) 01:44, 11 September 2013 (GMT)
Are saves unlimitted?
I ask because I'm currently on Save 3921 since I got the game as an XMAS present roughly 5 ish years ago. Like does saving end when you get to 9999 or does it restart at save 1? — Unsigned comment by 18.104.22.168 (talk) at 17:59 on 29 August 2011
- This is old, but there isn't a limit on the number of saves, as long as you have enough memory. Each save takes up room, so you will eventually run out of space without external hard drives, but the save number doesn't really ever end (well, if it runs out of whatever size the number is in storage, but that's a practical impossibility to reach). Jeancey (talk) 21:46, 10 November 2013 (GMT)
Hard Drive and relations to SI and KotN
I noticed on "Official Plug-Ins" it says you need a hard drive to use both Shivering Isles and Knights of the Nine. However I have a 4GB 360 and while its true you need a hard drive for SI, I can play KotN just fine. 22.214.171.124 17:48, 24 December 2013 (GMT)