Dark Horse CourierEdit
I just want to double check what's meant by the note that "Sometimes, the people of Cyrodiil will refer to the newspaper as The Dark Horse Courier". Is this saying that this only happens in the audio files, and that the audio files are different from the subtitles that get simultaneously displayed on the screen? Because I can easily search through all the subtitle texts, and they all use "Black Horse", not "Dark Horse". --Nephele 11:21, 14 February 2007 (EST)
- I didn't publish the original note, but it is true -- I just heard it today. I asked someone about rumors and he said "According to the Dark Horse Courier" but the subtitle text, of course, said "Black Horse". I edited the note on the page to make this intention clearer. --CharmSpell 20:16, 15 July 2007 (EDT)
one copy per character?Edit
in relation to the following line The newspaper is available for free, but the deliverers/couriers will only give you one copy of each edition i have, on at least one occasion, been able to get a courier to give me multiple copies of many editions. this may be a bug or something may have happened to my file. if it makes any difference, she was on a horse and just got through fleeing, as i was chasing her for a good half an hour and every time i got close enough to talk i got the message "courier is fleeing"
- I've tested this(don't have an account so i'll leave this unsigned). The ones that pass them out only give one, but the couriers, on the horses, will give you one whenever you talk to them. The one you get is randomly determined by what they have in their inventory(it never gets removed). I also confirmed this by killing one of them(I saved first and reloaded after, the couriers have grown on me i'm afraid) and she had one of each copy of the paper(generic, of course, I hadn't done the quests yet).
"Do you need couriers?"Edit
On several occasions (each new character, once per character) I eventually get a notice that says "New topic: Do you need couriers?" at the bottom of my screen, implying I can talk to someone about such a thing. This often happens on the first 'day' of being in the Imperial City. However, try as I might, I've never found an NPC with that topic or anything similar available. I have looked through NPC texts in the editor (although I admit I am neither thorough nor good at it) for anything related, to no avail. Has anyone else encountered this? I realize this may be the wrong place to ask and if that is the case feel free to delete this entry.
- Yah, it's likely an unfinished quest that wasn't removed from the game. You can't really interact with any NPCs in this manner. --Saruuk 21:24, 19 July 2007 (EDT)
Aww, that's a shame. It would have been fun to be a courier, but thanks. (EDT)
Yay for a newspaperEdit
Apologies if this is deemed offtopic, I am uncertain of the protocol.
I like having a newspaper in the game. It sounds realistic and is a nice source of recognition...glad to hear it is updated.
Townspeople have never given my character any quest-related newspapers, and the couriers themselves do not give most of the quest-related editions either. Could someone provide the Object ID's for each edition so that they can be obtained via the console? — Unsigned comment by 18.104.22.168 (talk)
- Here are the IDs: Adamus Phillida Slain! = 0006D6ED, Anvil Tarts Thwarted! = 00066CD5, Cheydinhal Heir Saved! = 00066CD3, Greatest Painter Safe! = 00066CD4, New Watch Captain Named = 0006D6F2, Palace Break-In? = 0006D6F4, Pale Pass Discovery! = 00066CD2, Poor Burdened by Taxes! = 0006D6F0, Pranks Spoils Society Gathering! = 00098689, Rain of Burning Dogs! = 00098683, Tragic Accident! Baenlin Dead! = 000732B7, Vampire Nest in the City! = 0006D6F3, Waterfront Raid Fails! = 0006D6F1. --Mankar Camoran•T•C•E• 11:45, 25 January 2008 (EST)
When do the Couriers get to the begginings and ends of their routes? Do they stop anywhere to eat or rest? — Unsigned comment by 22.214.171.124 (talk)
- All four couriers travel directly between the two points marking the beginning and end of their routes. There's nothing specific in terms of stopping to eat or anything else like that. Interestingly, however, they will respawn if killed. --Robin Hood (Talk • E-mail • Contribs) 21:47, 16 June 2008 (EDT)
Black Horse Courier office (HQ) sectionEdit
I think there need a separate article (or section) about the Black Horse Courier office in Market District. Zulu 11:14, 13 August 2008 (EDT)
- At least a mention of the publishers. There are references from the pages describing the three Kajiit brothers who publish The Courier -- Urjabhi, Ra'jiradh, and Hassiri -- to this page (The Black Horse Courier) but no references in reverse. I will add mention of the publishers with links. --126.96.36.199 22:48, 29 October 2008 (EDT)
I just started a new game and, wanting to collect the newspapers, strolled into the black horse courier office and took all the different ones. I thought there's be more upstairs so up I went, only to find the Cheydinhal heir and baenlin newspapers sitting on the desk, and I JUST started a new game! Does anyone know of any OTHER prophetic papers?— Unsigned comment by 188.8.131.52 (talk) on September 23, 2009
Saving the World is Not NewsEdit
I'm surprised that there isn't an edition of The Black Horse Courier admiring how I saved Tamriel.Bhavish 00:29, 8 November 2009 (UTC)
- What would you expect of tabloids? They report all the gory details of miserable life, but they skillfully skip the few good points about it... --Timenn-<talk> 15:17, 12 November 2009 (UTC)
- wouldn't it be cool, though, if more quests had papers written about them? Maybe a few for the add-ons? 'Battlethorn Castle Saved From Bandits' or 'Divine Crusader'.
- If you're playing on the pc there's probably mods for more versions of the black horse courier but unfortunatly im on Xbox >:|--VergilSparda 16:43, 8 January 2010 (UTC)
- The Black Horse Courier is a broadsheet, not a tabloid, and funded by the government. I mean chancellor Ocato should be making them write one, as his councillors fund the Courier. Strange, maybe BethSoft are just too lazy to script it in.
-Pengepi 11:45 GMT 30/12/2010 (DD/MM/YY)
Do You Need Couriers?Edit
I have also had the "do you need couriers?" topic appear on oblivion but i can never find who to ask — Unsigned comment by 184.108.40.206 (talk) on 24 April 2010
Is it worth mentioning (whether or not on this page) that, amongst other items, (like hoes and possibly rakes), the newspapers can be used to 'push' other NPCs around using the grab function? - 220.127.116.11 04:02, 3 July 2010 (UTC)
- It might be worth mentioning somewhere, but not on this page. I'm not very big on pushing NPCs around (what exactly are the benefits except for a quick laugh?), but you might wanna add the info to the Proposed Glitches page. --Krusty 07:41, 3 July 2010 (UTC)
- Well, the engines that the game runs on I believe has few differences among consoles, but I think this pushing comes down to the controls. It is a bit more difficult to precisely move on PC, due to the movement being restricted to 4 directions, as opposed to a control stick. I'm not really sure why you would push them with a paper though. :/ --DKong27 Tk Ctr Em 05:10, 3 September 2011 (UTC)
Cheydinhal Heir Saved!Edit
1. The Cheydinhal Heir Saved! edition can be gotten "From any Imperial publican except those in Cheydinhal". Perhaps my English isn't good enough, but I read that as from anyone that serves beer (and possibly other alchoholic beverages), which I take to be the inns. Is this correct? Or is it the couriers that are meant?
2. I've completed the quest The Wayward Knight and Farwil survived (although it seems he has misplaced his cuirass as he's standing barechested outside Riverview) but I've not found any copy of The Cheydinhal Heir Saved!. I've tried many Inns: in Anvil, Bravil, Imperial City and Leyawin at least. I've also talked to one courier outside Chorrol. But no copy of The Cheydinhal Heir Saved!
Comments? -- MartinS 18.104.22.168 21:10, 11 February 2011 (UTC)
- 3. Yes. Can we get an answer? What does it mean you can get it from any imperial publician? Get it how, conversation(what option), pickpoceting, on the table? How? Elaborate. We collectors really want to know. Cause I have talked to all the imperial publicians, and I can not find the copies. I have a fully patched verison. OBLA22.214.171.124 22:28, 1 April 2015 (GMT)
- It says in the article that you get it from any Imperial publican, i.e: the actual race of Imperials. By publican it should mean anybody who will rent a room to you in an inn although I haven't checked in-game myself. Also the article states that One copy is upstairs in the Black Courier offices. This one copy is always available, even before you start the quest so you could also try there. RIM (talk) 12:00, 2 April 2015 (GMT)
Gray Fox! Man, Or Myth? (Extra Copies)Edit
If your like me, and like to have a few copies of each edition of the paper, then make sure you go and get extra copies of the "Gray Fox! Man, Or Myth?" edition of The Black Horse Courier from one of the horse couriers as soon as it's available. Which is right away I think but I'm not sure. My point being that after you advance further in the game and talk to beggars about the Gray Fox and all that stuff, this edition of the paper is no longer available from the horse couriers, which are the only couriers that will give you more than one copy of each edition. So if you did get a copy of it, and you notice the next edition "Gray Fox Unmasked!" is available, it's the only copy you're going to ever get because the "Gray Fox Unmasked!" paper replaces the first one about the Gray Fox. --D. Gemini 06:28, 1 September 2011 (UTC)
Rain of Burning Dogs!Edit
There's a line in this copy of the Black Horse Courier that I think could be considered an Easter Egg. "While there have been stories of insects, frogs, and the occasional wayward mage crashing to the earth". I think it's a pretty clear reference to Tarhiel from Morrowind. — Unsigned comment by PopeMegaForce (talk • contribs) at 16:50 on 28 June 2012
I noticed that the page states that this article only appears if Gromm survives. However, for me, I was chased out of the house by Gromm, where he was killed by the Bruma Guards, and the article still existed. Schiffy (talk) 01:23, 10 October 2012 (GMT)