|Archive 1: Jul 2006 - Mar 2007|
|Archive 2: Apr 2007 - May 2008|
|Archive 3: Mar 2008 - Nov 2008|
|Archive 4: Dec 2008 - Jan 2010|
|Archive 5: Feb 2010 - Jul 2010|
|Archive 6: Aug 2010 - Mar 2012|
- 1 NPC ID's & Death
- 2 HELP WITH OBLIVION (Deluxe Edition bought off Steam)
- 3 Items and Magic
- 4 Shivering Isles Glitch
- 5 More Armies
- 6 item respawn rate
- 7 test hall
- 8 Original Price?
- 9 has anyone tried to do commands with the keyboard accessory for Xbox/PS3
- 10 100% Completion
- 11 Strange Door
- 12 how would you play this game without information provided by sites like uesp.net
- 13 Unique Ability ID list.
- 14 Little Thing
- 15 Release on GOG
- 16 Oblivion: keeping bound armor and weapons forever at level One!
- 17 I really need help for a not-too-rare problem: Azzan's contract assignment at the Anvil Fighters Guild
- 18 "Just the basics" tutorial on Wrye Bash, etc.
NPC ID's & Death
is there a list of class ID's for oblivion? i can find one for skyrim but not oblivion :/
and how do i check if i killed an NPC?
ie im after... ( if killed.by.me = Publican ) then xxxx
- There doesn't appear to be a list of the form ids for Oblivion classes, but I dare say one could be added to the NPC Classes page. To check if an NPC is dead, you can use GetDead or GetDeadCount. To detect when an NPC is killed by you, you need to use the OnDeath player event in the NPC's script. Note that this will not flag them as killed by you if they die as a result of poison on your weapon. --Gaebrial 09:57, 6 April 2012 (UTC)
HELP WITH OBLIVION (Deluxe Edition bought off Steam)
I downloaded some Mods that looked awesome and used them for a while. Then I got bored and deleted them while I was in one of the houses that came in a MoD (I also had the clothes that were from a MoD). I tried to put a different pair of clothes on after I dropped the ones I had (Modded ones) and then the clothes just went on to them (over). So I was wearing 2 pairs of clothes... I put on the arena raignment thingy and the game crashed. I went back onto that save and I was invisible... So I loaded a previous save (One that i was not in the MoDed house and didn't have the MoD armour). SAME THING HAPPENED, ALL MY SAVES ARE DOING THIS. I've deleted all the MoDs and I need help.Oblivion,Shivering — Unsigned comment by James Dynamite (talk • contribs) at 08:50 on 11 April 2012
- Oblivion doesn't always deal well with mods being removed, especially when your character has items in their possession that are from the mod, or they're in a mod-related place. Usually, the best solution when adding or removing a single mod is to make sure you're somewhere not mod-related (e.g., one of the big cities), have no mod-related quests active, and have nothing from the mod in your possession. Even then, removing a mod can be a bit of a gamble sometimes. When you remove a lot of mods like you did, issues are even more likely. The only solution might well be starting a new game. Either that or reinstall the mods. – Robin Hood↝talk 18:36, 11 April 2012 (UTC)
Items and Magic
I know this may seem nitpickish, but shouldn't the Items and Magic bullets be listed under World Information and not Gameplay Information? Following with the style of the rest of the bullets under those headers, that would only make sense, and I would go ahead and make the edit, as it is a simple one and undone easily if incorrect, but I see the Oblivion Main Page as one for the highest quality of baseline Oblivion content (as evidenced by its Semi-Protection). Input, anyone? MethodicMockingbird 21:04, 12 July 2012 (UTC)
Shivering Isles Glitch
I have a really annoying glitch on Xbox 360. When I walk through the gates to Crucible - in the Shivering Isles - on a profile other than my original, the game freezes and I have to turn my Xbox off. Any help would be greatly appreciated. — Unsigned comment by 126.96.36.199 (talk) at 09:53 on 4 August 2012
- You mean an XBox profile other than your original? It might possibly be a DLC permissions error. Did you originally buy SI on a different XBox? --Morrolan (talk) 01:38, 11 September 2013 (GMT)
Oblivion needs more NPC's! [...] Are there any mods that enable these features? [...] In fact, are there any mods that specifically add allied and Daedric troops of the Battle of Bruma? — Unsigned comment by TrololCats (talk • contribs) at 07:01 on 14 August 2012
- This is a forum-type post that really should be there and not here, but since I have relevant information up anyways, I'll share... I use these three mods and a few smaller ones to add tons of companions and wandering NPCs. The last one requires these mods and recommends this one, but simply to have the meshes and whatnot for a few small weapons added. Why don't you give those a read, and take any further questions to the forum please. Thanks :) ES(talk•email) 07:11, 14 August 2012 (UTC)
item respawn rate
how long does it take for items to respawn into dungeons as in Fort Faranghut (dont know if thats how you spell it) there is a barrel containing poison apples which are quite pricey and this would be an ideal source of money The Tamrielic Emperor 12:05, 22 August 2012 (UTC)
- I think about 3 game-days. 188.8.131.52 04:45, 14 September 2012 (GMT)
can anyone help me out... i want to go to the test hall on my ps3...is it possible--Bmt321 14:04, 23 August 2012 (UTC)
- No. —Legoless 14:14, 23 August 2012 (UTC)
I just got the Game of the Year Deluxe edition on Steam for 50% off (ended up being $12.99), and I'm wondering how that compares to the original full price. I did some Googling and figured that the PC versions of all the DLC/add-ons totals about $26, but how about the actual game? I've been unable to find that, oddly. 184.108.40.206 05:20, 7 October 2012 (GMT)
has anyone tried to do commands with the keyboard accessory for Xbox/PS3
- Every post I see related to this says either no, or asks if someone has tested it. If you have a keyboard you can try, and report back on your findings. Silence is GoldenBreak the Silence 13:59, 12 February 2013 (GMT)
Should a link to that page be added to this page? It's incredibly useful for many different reasons, not just for completion's sake. — Unsigned comment by Microbat (talk • contribs) at 08:07 on 4 November 2013
So,i have this "A strange door" ,Shivery isles i think?So it says i need to see whats going on.Everybody says that there should be a island and the that Strange door,but when i go to that "location of island" i just see that guard and Khajiit in water*there is no ISLAND OR DOOR*,and they JUST SAY THAT THEY ARE NOT THERE OR THAT THEY CAN'T TALK.I really wanna do this quest,any help?— Unsigned comment by 220.127.116.11 (talk) at 19:02 on 5 December 2013
- Have you already downloaded Shivering Isles? If you've installed the plugin, you should have a quest directing you to the Strange Door. If you're playing on PC, you might have mod conflicts or something, but beyond that there's really no way to tell the cause without more details on your situation. ThuumofReason (talk) 19:47, 5 December 2013 (GMT)
how would you play this game without information provided by sites like uesp.net
For example - you are a monk and really want to focus on getting you hand-to-hand combat skill developed as quickly as possible by seeking out the hand-to-hand trainers. Without uesp.net (or other similar sites) how would you do this expeditiously? Looks to me they could provide you some "starter Cyrodiil knowledge" based on your class and possibly race and/or sign. — Unsigned comment by 18.104.22.168 (talk) at 01:09 on 13 December 2013 (GMT)
- This kind of topic might be better suited for the Skyrimplayer (talk) 01:26, 13 December 2013 (GMT) . --
Unique Ability ID list.
Hello I have been compiling a list of all unique NPC birth-signs and abilities ID's. So that any player can add a unique ability to their character. :D The list is almost complete, but two ability ID's are left that i cannot find anywhere, they are also not mentioned on any sites or wikis.
I know that Msirae Faythung has his own unique abilities in effect, similar to vampirism but without the drawbacks but i cant find the spell ID on the construction set :(
Also I know Umaril the unfeathered has his own unique ability which includes a resist shock effect.
- SarthesArai Talk 15:42, 26 June 2015 (UTC) and , where MR and KN are the load indices of the Meruhnes' Razor and Knights of the Nine plugins, respectively. Also, please don't post the same question on several pages. Something like this is better suited to the , anyway. --
- That's because it's a sublisting of NPCs. NPCs is all NPCs; people is just unique ones. —KINMUNE ﴾TALK﴿ 04:10, 14 May 2017 (UTC)
Release on GOG
Oblivion: keeping bound armor and weapons forever at level One!
This is a known...yet unknown...exploit! Someone figured out that if you have the ability to repair bound armor and weapons up to 125 percent and toss it on the ground it will remain when the spell ends for you to retrieve and use. That requires a very high level of Blacksmith. I, however, discovered that it will work even if your Blacksmith skills are level one and your character is level one! Conjure it at a stone temple...run to where a crab or rat can damage it, repair it to 100 percent and toss it on the ground...when the spell expires you now have a zero weight superior piece of armor and a weapon...I suggest Leyawiin between the ruins and town. Find a crab on the beach and enjoy carrying much more treasure early on! It appears that if you repair it at any level you may retain it indefinitely. Make sure you have repair hammers! — Unsigned comment by 22.214.171.124 (talk) at 15:54 on 7 July 2017 (UTC)
I really need help for a not-too-rare problem: Azzan's contract assignment at the Anvil Fighters Guild
(I found a reference to this problem in the Steam Oblivion Discussions, dated 2013. The next day, this thread was removed.) I'm sure you've heard this many times: 1. Join the Fighters Guild, get instructed to go to Cheydinhal or Anvil for further instructions. 2. Go to Cheydinhal, get contract, fulfill it. Get instructed to see Azzan in Anvil for further instructions. 3. Go to Anvil, find Azzan. He tells you to solve Athela's rat problem. No matter how many times you ask, this quest never makes it to your quest list. Apparently, you can't fulfill the contract without its being an official quest. And if you can't fulfill this contract, you can never get another in the Fighters Guild.
In desperation, I asked for help in Steam's Oblivion Discussions. (When I had read the 2013 thread, there was a reference to a patch file, but unfortunately I didn't copy it before it disappeared.) Several people suggested your website, so here I am. Someone said you had a list of known bugs. Someone else said you had a list of patches. I can find neither. You have many, many pages on instructions for helping others, but I can find nothing on how to RECEIVE help. So, can someone please help?
Background information: Playing Oblivion in Steam with a PC, I obviously have Windows 10, and thus my old Oblivion/Knights of the Nine/Shivering Isles DVD's (dated 2006, 2006, and 2007 respectively) are not compatible, so that Steam IS required to play Oblivion. Furthermore, my computer "expertise" (I actually have a degree in computer Science--dated 1973;) means that while I can write a mean Fortran or Basic program, translate text into ASCII, and edlin with the best of us old codgers, I haven't a clue how to patch a program in Win10. (If it were any Windows up to ME2000, I could do it.) So please, if any of you can help me exterminate the Fighters Guild bug, please give EXPLICIT instructions, including where in Win10 to access the files needed. Thank you very much. If you need it, my e-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
P. S. Yes, I tried the usual overlooked obvious: I turned the computer off, waited 30 seconds for any capacitance to bleed off, then restarted Steam and Oblivion. I created a new character, and tried again. Still no quest from Azzan. — Unsigned comment by 126.96.36.199 (talk) at 19:22 on 12 February 2018
- The wiki isn't made for asking for help, though a question on the/a relevant page, eg OB:A Rat Problem, will likely get a response. The forums and the Discord channel would be the places to ask for help. The bug you report doesn't appear to be "known" around here, I see no reference to it on the quest page or its talk page. However, a quick search on the Steam forums seems to indicate that a very basic step has been missed. As described on the quest page here, you must talk to Azzan about Contracts and then the topic on Rats. Silence is GoldenBreak the Silence 20:57, 12 February 2018 (UTC)
"Just the basics" tutorial on Wrye Bash, etc.
In a new section at Oblivion:Technical Support#Mod-related Headaches, I've added a quick run-down on the basics of how to use BOSS, WB, and TES4Edit to clean up a mod list and prepare a bashed patch. It took weeks to figure this out, and I think others would be greatly aided by a tutorial. Others should pore over it in case I've missed something.
PS: I also added a section to that page on how to debug problems with running Oblivion in a VM, plus some other specific tips, and generally cleaned up the page, which had a lot of mangled markup and broken English.