Oblivion talk:Horse Armor Pack
I've had this plug since the game came out and one thing I could never figure out was a decent way to remove the armor from the Horse. While this may not be a problem with every horse in the game (seeing as how they are expendable, other than Bravil) Shadowmere is not. So once Shadowmere has been armored there doesn't seem to be any easy, in-game way to remove it and have him bareback once again. I'd like to make a note of this on the page but figured I'd ask and make sure there wasn't some preposterous thing I overlooked, like Shift-Clicking on the Horse or some other unspoken keystroke. --AlbinoMudcrab 00:56, 2 February 2007 (EST)
Ive had it where Shadowmere (Armored) come back to the Chestnut Handy Stables after I mounted another horse if that helps anyone who lost her.
"Resurrecting horses works perfectly as long as you don´t want to get your Horse armored after that. The Dialog with Snak gra-Bura works fine at first but then a message pops up saying that "Your horse is too far away to be armored."
~This is really annoying... how I can fix it ?!
Why did you remove my edit? --Forlornhope
- It is unnecessary to include the dialogue option required. Merely stating that it is possible to acquire a horse from her is sufficient. In addition, there are actually more dialogue options that can be used to obtain the free horse besides the one that you listed. In general, it is not necessary to include dialogue options unless it is to make a specific point, for example highlighting an NPC's bizarre verbal communication skills or idiosyncratic personality. --Saruuk 23:29, 7 September 2007 (EDT)
- In addition, Forlornhope, please discuss your reverted edits on the talk page of the editor that had reverted them, rather than on the talk page of the article that was edited. SubtleCynicism 23:34, 7 September 2007 (EDT)
No Legal Horse
I have just taken my legally owned horse - my first one - to get the armour, but the game is acting like I haven't got one. Any thoughts as to why this might be happening? — Unsigned comment by 126.96.36.199 (talk)
- Do you have a normal horse, or are you using Shadowmere or the Unicorn? Do you have the plug in activated and received the journal update? Are you a vampire? Did you ever resurrect your horse using the console commands? --Saruuk 18:48, 12 September 2007 (EDT)
- I can confirm this bug - my third play through it happened to me. It's day 1, I haven't stolen any horses, it's a Cheydinhal horse and the Cheydinhal stables confirms I have bought their last horse. If I find a fix I'll be sure to post. 05:28, 15 June 2012 (UTC)
- Found a solution. I left the Chestnut Handy Stables building. Once outside I fast traveled TO Chestnut Handy Stables. The game now knows I have a horse and tells me it is stabled outside the city (My horse wasn't visible 'cause it was in the house, I'd use COC to travel there while mounted - no, this is not the cause of the error 'cause I've bought horse armor before while mounted under the same conditions). Walking back inside you can now recieve your free horse armor normally.
05:32, 15 June 2012 (UTC)
- That fix doesn't work for me. I'm riding Shadowmere post-DB, but the dialog doesn't seem to think I own the last horse I rode.
The horse armor doesn't seem to exist on the "Game of the Year" edition to XBOX 360. Does it include at all or is there something wrong? I haven't discovered any other patch either. — Unsigned comment by 188.8.131.52 (talk)
- According to the official press release for the GOTY edition, only the Knights of the Nine downloadable content is included (along with Oblivion and the Shivering Isles). Sorry, no Horse Armor Pack (or any of the other downloadable content). Game patches should be included though. --Timenn < talk > 14:38, 27 February 2008 (EST)
You can download the horse armor now for 360 but after having my bay armored it will no longer follow me. So i tried again with another horse and yet again the horse will not follow me anymore so its useless to get the horse armor for the 360— Unsigned comment by 184.108.40.206 (talk) on 23 April
- In a chest in Cursed Mine Lower Galleries, as it already says on the article.— Unsigned comment by Rpeh (talk • contribs) on 31 july
- I think he means the Note, not the Plans. If the Horse Armor plugin is installed correctly you will get the note for it right after the Emperor dies. If you have an existing save once you install the plugin you will get the note within seconds of loading the saved game.
Range of Armoring
- Are you sure you entered it correctly? The ID is listed as "xx0016C6," but the "xx" should be changed depending on the order in which you've installed your mods. So if the Horse Armor Pack is the third mod you installed, you would enter the form ID as "030016C6" (I think). Hope that helps! –Eshetalk 20:03, 10 July 2009 (UTC)
- It's DLCHorseArmor I tried to add it, but it's not showing up, so I must've done something wrong. --220.127.116.11 02:07, 13 January 2010 (UTC)
Does this conflict with mods that increase horse turn speed?
I've tried two different horse turn speed mods and every time I equip my horse with armor, I can no longer turn at all, I can only ride forward. Does this plugin somehow conflict with whatever those mods do? --JohnJSal 22:27, 8 February 2010 (UTC)
Edit: Just disabled my horse-turning mods and the horse *still* didn't turn. Nor did Horse Commands work. Does this have to do with the horse armor? --JohnJSal 22:34, 8 February 2010 (UTC)
What will happen to Shadowmere if I remove this DLC?
Quite a while ago, I armored Shadowmere. However, I soon found Shadowmere lost and have since desired to relocate her. After countless hours, I thought "what if I remove the pack"? Will Shadowmere revert to normal and appear back at Fort Farragut, or dissapear from the game. Keep in mine I'm an xbox player, so I have no access to the console. Nosebook 05:18, 14 December 2010 (UTC)
I cannot add armor to my horse.
I've brought my newly purchased Black Horse to the stable and talked to the orc there. She says "Here you are" but the armor does no appear on my horse, the quest does not advance and the dialogue is still available. I've tried using other horses and advancing the quest via console commands but nothing seems to work. Is there a console command that will add the armor to my horse? --18.104.22.168 00:47, 26 August 2011 (UTC)