Oblivion talk:Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary
It seems that one of the recruits that pop up can sell you the special spells, but is there one that sells the Khajit's unique items? I was ticked off when I had to kill him mostly because I could sell him items for almost their full price despite my miserably low commercial abilities.
- Later in the game, he is replaced by a female Dark Brotherhood Murderer. She sells the same spells as M'raaj Dar, but not the same items. However, her mercantile skill is also pitifully low, and as an added bonus she also buys stolen items. The only drawback is that she only has 300 gold. -- Vesna 22:19, 30 June 2007
Dark Brotherhood Bug (Xbox360)
I had a murderer accompany me on the Mages guild quest 'The Bloodworm Helm' and he unfortunately died. Now when i return to the sanctuary to recruit another member to join me all they say is "oh, you seem to already have a family member accompanying you" Has anyone else had this problem? Or even better know of a fix for it.
- I have not had this bug before, though I'll put this problem on BGS forums to see if there is a solution or if anyone else had this problem --Playjex 11:02, 6 July 2007 (EDT)
Is this article a valid stub? It seems long enough to get rid of it's mark. Or is it just lack of information?GJPal 13:17, 23 July 2007 (EDT)
- I know what you mean. It might be worth adding some maps to the page and reformatting it a little (it's very much dry text at the moment). I'll have a go at the maps unless somebody else wants a crack. --RpehTalk 07:03, 24 July 2007 (EDT)
Speaker in Control
There is indeed dialogue about this: "When I first joined the family, this Sanctuary was controlled by another Speaker. Lucien took over when she was killed while fulfilling a contract." --RpehTalk 08:59, 25 September 2007 (EDT)
Thank you ive already made Saruuk aware of this.--Athraniel 11:59, 25 September 2007 (EDT)
- I've heard that the chests in the sleeping quarters are safe, but I can't confirm it. While I'm here, are there any/ any more safe storage places in the sanctuary? It seems like an important thing to add to the page Tryzon 16:40, 2 February 2008 (EST)Tryzon
I think the locations of the other sanctuaries can be logically discovered. Of course you cant visit them unfortunately, which is silly as you become the Listner. Right this is what we know, there a four Speakers each one oversees the day to day affairs of a single hidden santuary. The Speakers of the original Black Hand were as follows
- Lucien Lachance - Obviously.
- J'Ghasta - Black Hand Hood and Robe in home.
- Alval Uvani - Black Hand Hood and Robe in home.
- Arquen - Appears to be the most senior member of the group, leads the other speakers.
With this in mind we know for a fact that Lucien was the Cheydinhal Speaker, and also that he lived just outside the walls of the city. I think we can logically assume then that each Speaker lived in close proximity to their respective sanctuaries. J'Ghasta and Alval Uvani owned and rented property in Bruma and Leyawiin, and during your dead drop contracts you are told that Arquen stays at the grey mare in Chorrol. This is where I think the sanctuaries are then.
This also supports the theory that Havilstein Hoar-Blood was J'Ghasta's Silencer as he lives in the mountains north of Bruma which would be prefect for dispatching messages between himself the Bruma sanctuary and his Speaker. So thats just about it sorry if I rambled but I enjoy sharing my theories with others please give feed back if you like, I would be very interested to hear other peoples take on this. - Jyggalag – The Great Library of Jyggalag 04:27, 4 March 2008 (EST)
- I don't see how the black hand members homes countas the actual sanctuary's, all they are is a place to find the black hand but not the rest of the members, in theory if what you are saying is correct, you cold count for farragut as a sancturay even though there is actually only one agent living there. Volanaro 04:30, 4 March 2008 (EST)
- Yes thats what I meant, I wasnt suggesting the info go in the article I just felt like sharing opinions. If what im saying is true it also means the Brotherhood has sanctuaries in all four points of the map, North - Bruma, East - Cheydinhal, South - Lewayiin, West - Choroll. - Jyggalag – The Great Library of Jyggalag 13:31, 4 March 2008 (EST)
Book duplication glitch
In the training room there is a chest containing one of each marksmanship and light armor skill books. If you take them out, read them, and drop them on the ground, three days later they will re-appear inside the chest, but the ones on the ground wont disappear. Thus resulting in endless copies of the same two books, or possibly anything else that is in that chest when it respawns (the 2 books, some shoes, and a mug) sadly the books dont give you the skills again. --SneakyPenguin77 (also my Gamertag) 02:04, 9 October 2009 (UTC)
- That would be "The Gold Ribbon of Merit" and "The Rear Guard." They respawn as normal for all respawning items: So you can just get them, sell them and wait a couple days for more to show. Same time as it takes food to respawn. 22.214.171.124 00:43, 14 July 2011 (UTC)
They say that schemer wanders the training room but he dosen't he wanders the Living Quarters--Thedrunknord 00:04, 9 February 2010 (UTC)
I think it should be added that guards never come through the sanctuary door (though they will enter the abandoned house). I have only tried guards but I assume no one may enter the sanctuary. Also, besides Telaendril, no one leaves the sanctuary. This leads me to believe that the player (and Telaendril, but only because she's scripted to) can enter/exit the sanctuary. -Wolfchaldo
Unused Vendor Chest
Behind the wall in the Living Quarters near M'raaj-Dar's bed is a chest. After accessing the chest its contents are similar to what M'raaj-Dar sells (everything but armor and weapons). I removed the lock picks from the chest. I then removed the repair hammers from M'raaj-Dar's vendor chest in the main room of the sanctuary. I spoke with M'raaj-Dar and the repair hammers were missing from his inventory but he still had lock picks, results are the same regardless of the room he is in. This suggests that the chest is not used for his vending. The chest also appears to not respawn. Ras 22:59, 25 July 2011 (UTC)
Page needs notes?
It needs to be notated somewhere that while the Abandoned House can be entered, the Dark Botherhoods Skinktuary cannot be accessed until the related quest line has been initiated. Yes? No? Maybe? Sniffles 11:06, 29 September 2011 (UTC)
Contradiction with lore?
About halfway down, the page says that:
'Ocheeva states that there are other sanctuaries located in Cyrodiil, each overseen by a Speaker of the Black Hand. Given that there are four speakers, it can be assumed that there are four sanctuaries in total. Only the Cheydinhal Sanctuary (overseen by Lucien Lachance) is accessible.'
I haven't played to the end of the Dark Brotherhood questline yet, but bearing in mind that the Dark Brotherhood exists in Daggerfall and Skyrim, and even to a lesser extent in Morrowind, it seems likely that it spreads out over the whole continent. That would indicate that each Speaker is in charge of about two provinces! Presumably they run more than one sanctuary each, which would also explain why Lucien doesn't live in the sanctuary.
I might have got that completely wrong, but it seems more likely to me than the above quote, which should certainly not be written as accepted fact.
Pi4t 23:30, 13 March 2012 (UTC)