Oblivion:Wind Cave

The UESPWiki – Your source for The Elder Scrolls since 1995
Jump to: navigation, search
This page is currently being redesigned for the Oblivion Places Redesign Project (OPRP). The page needs in-game walkthrough(s) to go along with the maps and content lists. If you make an addition to this page, please update this template accordingly, but make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
Needs in-game verification. See the OPRP project page for explanation of what needs to be done to complete the verification process.
OB-mapicon-Cave.png
Cave:
Wind Cave
(view on map)
# of Zones 3
Occupants
Monsters
(1 boss-level Monster)
Important Treasure
1 boss-level Chest
Console Location Code(s)
WindCaveExterior, WindCave, WindCave02, WindCave03
Region
Colovian Highlands
Location
Southwest of Chorrol, northwest of Skingrad and northwest of Rock Bottom Caverns
Wind Cave

Wind Cave is a medium-sized cave between Chorrol and Skingrad containing monsters. It contains three zones: Wind Cave, Wind Cave Great Pit, and Wind Cave Black Rat Ramble.

Notes[edit]

Exterior[edit]

Key to Maps
Wind Cave, Exterior
  • The exterior is located at coordinates: Tamriel -23, 14
  • This location's map marker (M on map) is named Wind Cave (editor name WindCaveMapMarker). The entrance door is E of the marker, 60 feet away.
  • 2 Wilderness Creatures (Highlands variety) are near the entrance
  • 2 Wilderness Creatures (Plains variety) are near the entrance
  • The following plants can be found near the entrance: 9 Motherwort plants

Zone 1: Wind Cave[edit]

Wind Cave

Being largely straightforward with few winding corridors, this area is easy to get through. There are two large rooms. The second one has two passages: a large one from the main level, and a small side-corridor from the second. Since the two corridors are parallel and lead to door C, it does not matter which one you choose.

Occupants:

  • 9 Monster Enemies (each 80% probability Monster, 20% Rat)

Treasure:

Doors and Gates:

Zone 2: Wind Cave Great Pit[edit]

Wind Cave Great Pit

Here, you come out in a "valley" between two parts of the upper level. The small passage at the end of this valley climbs up and around to the higher level. There is one bridge crossing the valley near over the entrance. The door at D in the northernmost corner of this area leads to the last zone.

Occupants:

  • 9 Monster Enemies (each 80% probability Monster, 20% Rat)

Treasure:

Doors and Gates:

Zone 3: Wind Cave Black Rat Ramble[edit]

Wind Cave Black Rat Ramble

This zone can be somewhat confusing. The small passage you first entered from splits into two just a few feet later. The forward path leads to the lower level "canyons" that leave you open target for the monsters upstairs. The passage that leads to the left is the one that leads to the upper level. You can cross the canyons either by a bridge or log.

Occupants:

  • 1 boss-level Monster at location A on map
  • 17 Monster Enemies (each 80% probability Monster, 20% Rat)

Treasure:

Doors and Gates: