|Charge/Cost = Uses||3000/300=10|
The Daedric artifact Sanguine Rose is a staff awarded at the end of Sanguine's Daedric quest. It looks like a normal staff with a rose made of wood at the top and with thorns coming from the base.
It summons a random Daedra who attacks the person or creature targeted by the spell (the spell must hit a person/creature in order to work). The creature can be any type of Daedra. If you are lucky enough to summon a Xivilai, the Xivilai will also summon a Clannfear as soon as it spawns. After killing all enemies in the area, the Daedra may turn on you, but it only exists for 20 seconds before disappearing, and can be prematurely canceled by using another summoning spell.
The lore article provides more historical information.
- During the Blood of the Daedra quest, giving the Sanguine Rose to Martin will lead him to reveal that he previously owned the Rose, albeit briefly.
- Using the Rose on an NPC counts as assault, and will get you a bounty.
- The Rose can be exploited at lower levels to obtain grand souls. Use the Rose on a cluster of NPCs (e.g. guards, but keep your distance, or the guards will catch you before the daedra appears) until you summon a higher level daedra. Immediately cast a soul trap spell on it. Help the NPCs around you kill the daedra in 20 seconds and hurrah, you have the desired soul (provided you had the correct soul gem in the first place).
- Bodies from Daedra summoned by the Rose stay longer than summoned ones and can be looted, providing excellent access to normally difficult to obtain Daedric ingredients.
- The Sanguine Rose will also work on a corpse.