Morrowind:Venim Ancestral Tomb
|This place page is currently being rewritten as part of the Morrowind Overhaul Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
|# of Zones||1|
|Undead, Bandit, Necromancer|
|Console Location Code(s)|
|Venim Ancestral Tomb|
The entrance to the tomb is unlocked as usual, but the first door inside the tomb isand trapped.
The loot here consists of a few potions, some minor equipment, an Orcish Tower Shield, a copy of Darkest Darkness, some ingredients, a Journeyman's Probe, a Dreugh Staff, and the Bow of Shadows. Goris also has an Ebony Staff, a few Exquisite items of clothing and a Grand Soul Gem.
There are four known members of the Venim family:
- Bolvyn Venim, the current Archmaster of House Redoran, found in Venim Manor in Ald'ruhn
- Dilvene Venim, a Redoran noble, also residing in Venim Manor and Bolvyn's wife
- Barusi Venim, an enchanter and an Oathman of House Telvanni in Tel Aruhn
- Tredyn Venim, a bard, a House Cousin of House Hlaalu and a retainer of councilor Velanda Omani, located in her manor to the east of Vivec's St. Olms Canton
- The corpse of Tyronius in the Indaren Ancestral Tomb has the key to the first door inside Venim Ancestral Tomb. It also holds a note that provides more of the back-story involving the two NPCs found here.
- In some vanilla editions of the game, both Goris and Luven are marked as essential, and so produce the message about the "thread of prophecy being severed", common to other Essential NPCs. In fact neither are required for any quest. In the GotY edition, the essential flag has been removed, and the "Corpses persist" flag has been ticked instead.
|Goris the Maggot King||Dunmer||Necromancer||15||190||180||0||90|