Morrowind:The Silver Staff of Shaming
|This quest page is currently being rewritten as part of the Morrowind Overhaul Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
- Talk to Kaye at the Imperial Chapels in Ebonheart for a new shrine sergeant mission.
- Travel to Mount Kand to recover a Silver Staff of Shaming which vanished several years ago along with its owner, acolyte Linus Iulus.
- Find the corpse of Iulus, along with the staff, just west of the Cavern at the top of Mount Kand.
- Return to Kaye to complete the quest.
Shrine Sergeant Mission
Kaye at the Imperial Chapels in Ebonheart will ask you to try and recover a Silver Staff of Shaming which vanished several years ago along with its owner, acolyte Linus Iulus. The Oracle apparently had a dream in which she saw the staff lying in a land of burning rock in the shadow of the Mountain of Fear, otherwise known as Mount Kand, north of Molag Mar. You are to find the staff and Linus's gear if you can. Kaye will give you a Detect Enchantment Ring to help you find the staff and 100 gold for expenses.
The Silver Staff of Shaming
This quest is misleading because the actual location of the staff is the exact opposite of the vision given by the oracle. Your discussions and journal will indicate that you should search in the rising and setting shadows of Mount Kand (i.e., below the peak.) However, Iulus' corpse and the staff are actually found at the peak, west of the Cavern, behind some rocks. The easiest way to find the corpse is to stand in front of the door to the cavern, cast levitate and look straight up. Fly over the top of the pillar and look down. The corpse should be clearly visible on the little plateau below you.
Return to Kaye with the staff to receive a Restoration Shirt. If you also return Linus Iulus' Stendarran Belt and Maran Amulet, you can keep the staff as a reward (note that you'll eventually be given your own belt and amulet, so their loss is only temporary).
- Refusing the quest, or returning to Kaye and admitting failure causes his disposition to drop by ten.
- Even if you collect all the loot from the corpse, the Detect Enchantment Ring will still indicate the position on the map.
These codes can be used along with the
Journal Console command and quest ID given within the chart to update the quest to a certain point.
|Prev: Thelsa Dral the Witch||Up: Imperial Cult Quests||Next: Restless Spirit|