Morrowind:Rescue Ragash gra-Shuzgub
|This quest page is currently being rewritten as part of the Morrowind Overhaul Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
- Chat with General Darius to receive new Orders.
- Travel to the Arvs-Drelen dome.
- Either speak to Baladas Demnevanni or release Ragash gra-Shuzgub manually.
- Escort Ragash gra-Shuzgub outside of the tower.
- Return to Darius to complete the quest.
General Darius, at Madach Tradehouse in Gnisis, will ask you to find out what happened to the tax collector, Ragash gra-Shuzgub. She had gone to collect taxes from Baladas Demnevanni and hasn't been seen since.
Enter the Arvs-Drelen dome in the northwest area of the town; the entrance is in a hill side. Baladas Demnevanni has locked Ragash gra-Shuzgub in his dungeon. There is a Summoning Room Key, in a bedroom near the dungeon, but it does not unlock the dungeon key. Rather, the correct key is Arvs-Drelen Cell Key, which Baladas Demnevanni will provide if his disposition is at least 60.
It is also possible to lockpick the trapped dungeon cell door, in order to rescue Ragash gra-Shuzgub and escape to town successfully, without speaking to Baladas Demnevanni. Do not let Baladas see Ragash, as he will attack her.
Return to Darius
Return to Darius after rescuing Ragash for his congratulations.
- Ragash disappears as soon as this quest is finished.
- If you rescued Madura Seran on your own, you will need to report that to Darius before he will have the correct topic for this quest.
- If you left the jail cell door open on an earlier visit, it will still be open, but Ragash will be convinced that she's locked in until she follows you out.
- Once you release Ragash by whatever means, Baladas will "consider the matter settled", leaving you unimpeded to pursue other quests involving him.
- Baladas may become hostile if his disposition drops too low, and killing him will break the Telvanni quests and possibly the Main Quest.
- You may not be able to ask Darius about Ragash, leaving you unable to initiate the quest. If you rescued Madura Seran before receiving the quest to do so, Darius will skip that quest and talk about Ragash. You need to talk to Darius about Madura to close that quest. Then Ragash will become a topic for the next quest.
- If you are not Imperial Legion but incidentally rescue Ragash on your own, then Ragash, like Seran, is supposed to become a follower NPC until you take her to safety. This may not happen with Ragash if you are not a Legionnaire, in which case Darius will have no dialogue option about her and will not thank you. Ragash will no longer be found in Arvs Drelen if you return later, presumably having gotten herself out, like freed slaves in various locations.
The following Quest_ID and Index codes can be used with the
Journal Console command to manually update the quest to a certain point.
|Rescue Ragash gra-Shuzgub (IL_RescueRagash)|
|Index||Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
|10||Darius asked me to find out what happened to Ragash gra-Shuzgub, who tried to collect taxes from Baladas Demnevanni. Baladas lives in Arvs Drelen, the tower here in Gnisis.|
|40||Baladas Demnevanni agreed to let Ragash gra-Shuzgub go free.|
|50||Ragash agreed to follow me out of Arvs Drelen.|
|70||I escorted Ragash out of Arvs Drelen.|
|100||Darius thanked me for rescuing Ragash gra-Shuzgub.|
|200||I told Darius that Ragash was dead.|
|Prev: Rescue Madura Seran||Up: Imperial Legion Quests||Next: Talos Cult Conspiracy|