|This quest page is currently being rewritten as part of the Morrowind Overhaul Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
- Meet Pemenie on the road northwest of Caldera.
- (Optional) Escort her to Gnaar Mok.
Pemenie needs an escort
Find the trader Pemenie on the road northwest of Caldera on the way to Ald'ruhn. She will ask you to escort her to Gnaar Mok in return for the Boots of Blinding Speed.
Your reward has a Flaw
Agree to do so and escort her to Gnaar Mok to the west. Once you cross the bridge into town, you will be rewarded with the boots. The boots Fortify Speed by 200 points but also have a 100% Blind spell on them, meaning you'll be fast, but have no idea where you're going unless you navigate using the minimap in the corner of your screen.
Wearing the Boots
- The trick to using the boots is to use a Resist Magicka spell or item before equipping them. If you have 50% Resist Magicka, you'll only be 50% blind, meaning that things will be a bit darker and enemies will be tougher to hit (with weapon skills under 30, you may not be able to hit anything at all).
- You can also cast a Resist Magicka 100% for a couple of seconds (by a custom spell or a custom enchanted item) and then equip the Boots of Blinding Speed before the time expires to avoid all negative repercussions. Since the spell has such a short time of effect it will be relatively reliable and easy to cast. If however, you are already suffering from Weakness to Magicka, you will be unable to do this with just one spell because the Resist Magicka 100% will be counteracted by your Weakness to Magicka. You can still reach 100% resistance by stacking multiple magical effects from different sources (even just identical custom spells with different names will work, although activated enchanted items may be more effective due to their instant casting.)
- Night Eye will brighten your vision and help counteract the blinding effect if it cannot be resisted 100%.
- The Cuirass of the Savior's Hide is very useful with the boots, as it gives you 60% resist magicka.
- Bretons have a racial ability of 50% resist Magicka, so a Breton equipping the boots will only get a 50% Blind effect, which is quite bearable.
- If you don't have 100% magicka resistance when equipping the boots, you can simply adjust the brightness of the game in the video options to see better, but a partial Blind will still have a negative effect on your ability to hit enemies.
- While wearing the boots, a weak 1 point Levitate (as provided by e.g. the Mage's Staff) will make you fly at a comfortable speed.
- Beware that the boots have very low durability. If they are broken in a fight, they will be unequipped and you will be slow again.
- You can find out from people in Caldera or Gnaar Mok that Pemenie is a wanted felon with a bounty on her head. If you talk to her repeatedly about bounty, she will eventually stop following you. If you continue talking about her bounty she will attack you. If you kill her then you will be able to get the Boots of Blinding Speed regardless of whether you took her to Gnaar Mok or not.
These codes can be used along with the
Journal Console command and quest ID given within the chart to update the quest to a certain point.
|Pemenie and the Boots of Blinding Speed (MV_TraderAbandoned)
||I met Pemenie, a Redguard trader, while traveling west of Balmora [sic]. She would like help getting a shipment of goods to Gnaar Mok. Seems her escort abandoned her on the trip.
||I've agreed to escort Pemenie to Gnaar Mok in exchange for some enchanted boots she currently has in her inventory.
||I've decided not to escort Pemenie to Gnaar Mok. Something about her seems a bit off, and I have no idea what these "Boots of Blinding Speed" actually are.
||I've been told by some locals that the trader Pemenie has a bounty on her head, and should not be trusted.
||When questioned about having a bounty on her head, Pemenie told me that it simply wasn't true, and was probably a case of mistaken identity. She sounded insincere at best.
||Pemenie has become increasingly agitated when asked about the bounty. I fear there is more to this "honest trader" than meets the eye.
||Pemenie became so enraged when I asked her again about the bounty that she declined to follow me any further. That woman is clearly not the simple trader she claims to be.
||Pemenie and I have arrived in Gnaar Mok.
||I was able to escort Pemenie safely to Gnaar Mok, and in exchange, she gave me the Boots of Blinding Speed. I have not yet worn them, but they may be powerful indeed.
||While escorting her to Gnaar Mok, Pemenie met an unfortunate end. Well, unfortunate for her, anyway.