Morrowind:Molag Bal's Quest
|This quest page is currently being rewritten as part of the Morrowind Overhaul Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
- Talk to the statue of Molag Bal in Yansirramus.
- Travel to Kora-Dur.
- Slay the Daedroth Menta Na.
- Return to Yansirramus for your reward.
Finding the shrine
Molag Bal's shrine can be found in the ruins of Yansirramus, two islands west of Tel Aruhn. Note that you may be able to access the shrine safely, but exploring any of the side chambers will likely get you attacked.
The God is displeased
Molag Bal complains about one of his servants, a lazy Daedroth named Menta Na who has retreated into the caves of Kora-Dur instead of creating the usual havoc and terror. Molag Bal gives you a key and asks you to kill Menta Na to obtain his favor.
Travel to Kora-Dur
Kora-Dur can be found east of the stronghold of Kogoruhn, far north of the Red Mountain Crater. It is located high up on a hillside, and is rather easy to miss. The door is but fortunately you have a key.
Slay Menta Na
- Menta Na is the only creature in the game from which you can acquire Daedra Skin. The only other places to find it are in random loot or from vendors.
- This bug is fixed by the Morrowind Patch Project. As of patch level 1.6.4, Daedra Skin can be dropped by clannfears, daedroths, hungers, ogrims, and ogrim titans.
These codes can be used along with the
Journal Console command and quest ID given within the chart to update the quest to a certain point.