In Morrowind you cannot own your own house. Sometimes, the owner, or a person with the right connections, will offer a task that may give the player a place to call home upon completion. You can also kill the owner in order to get pretty much the same results. Be advised the latter method may sometimes lead to not being able to complete certain quests.
Listed below are the towns and other areas from which a house can be made, so you may simply choose the place, finish the related quest or kill the owner, then make it your own. You may also join a Great House and use their hostel for free, and other factions also provide beds for members, often in quite comfortable rooms with some means for safe, non-volatile storage of items, though your items will technically become "owned" by the true owner of any containers you stick your items in, giving them a stolen flag when you retrieve later.
Furthermore, every Great House allows you to possess a house in the form of a Stronghold, at either Rethan Manor, Indarys Manor, or Tel Uvirith. In addition, the Bloodmoon expansion provides you with two permanent houses - the Factor's Estate, and the Blodskaal's House (formerly Rigmor's hut).
- Caldera — Small mining town at the foothills of Red Mountain
- Ald'ruhn — The council seat of House Redoran in the dusty Ashlands
- Sadrith Mora — The large, Telvanni-influenced mushroom town on Azura's Coast
- Balmora — The council seat of House Hlaalu on the Bitter Coast
- Pelagiad — The small village that has grown up near an Imperial Fort
- Suran — Relatively small Hlaalu governed city in Southern Morrowind
- Seyda Neen — Live the small-town life in the entry point of Seyda Neen
- Vivec — The largest city in Vvardenfell, a canaled metropolis composed of nine cantons
- Boat Homes — The various boats that provide fast travel around Vvardenfell have a new use
- Abandoned Houses — Unoccupied/abandoned houses throughout Vvardenfell
- Dunmer Strongholds — Ever wondered how it would feel to own your own fortress?
- Dwemer Ruins — Ever wanted to live like a dwarf? Well, now you can.