Morrowind:Control the Ordinators
|This quest page is currently being rewritten as part of the Morrowind Overhaul Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
- Speak to Duke Vedam Dren to learn your next assignment.
- Travel to the High Fane and speak with Archcanon Tholer Saryoni.
- Go to Assemanu and find the Robe of St. Roris.
- Return the robe to Archcanon Tholer Saryoni.
- Report back to Duke Vedam Dren.
Once you reach the rank of House Father, Duke Vedam Dren in the Grand Council Chamber in Ebonheart will ask you to help control Berel Sala's Ordinators, and tells you to speak with Archcanon Tholer Saryoni on the matter.
Archcanon Saryoni's Deal
The Archcanon can be found in the High Fane in Vivec and will agree to control the Ordinators if you recover the Robe of St. Roris from the shrine of Assemanu, a holy artifact the Ordinators have failed to recover.
Retrieving the Robe
Assemanu is on a small island southeast of Seyda Neen, and west of Vivec's Hlaalu Canton. There is a key on a dead Ordinator's body before you enter into the shrine area that lets you in. The robe is in a well hidden chest at the end of the shrine, where you encounter Dagoth Hlevul, on a ledge which can only be accessed with a Levitate spell, Jump, Telekinesis, or a high Acrobatics skill and Strength attribute by jumping on the big rock to the left.
Controlling the Ordinators
Return to Saryoni with the robe and give it to him in return for him agreeing to speak to Berel Sala about the Ordinators.
Return to Duke Vedam in Ebonheart to complete the quest and get promoted to Councilman.
- Killing Dagoth Hlevul in Assemanu will cause the five sleepers in Vivec to awake, as well as one in Suran and one at Arano Plantation. Talking to each of these gets you 1 Reputation point, for a total of 7, in addition to the 1 point for completing the quest.
- If Berel Sala is killed during this quest, you get the faction reputation, but not Dren's disposition increase.
- You may not be able to leave the Assemanu shrine area. The doors into the shrine area can be lockpicked without needing the Old Key (found on a dead Ordinator in the first area). Unfortunately, this is not two-way, you need the key to get out - the game does not remember that the doors are "unlocked" from the inside.
- This bug is fixed by the Morrowind Patch Project.
- Simply use a Recall spell/scroll, or a Divine or Almsivi Intervention to get out.
- You can also use the console command
coe -4, -4(or similar numbers) to teleport you outside.
- Alternatively, click on the door and enter the command
unlockto unlock the door.
These codes can be used along with the
Journal Console command and quest ID given within the chart to update the quest to a certain point.
|Prev: None||Up: House Hlaalu Quests||Next: Dealing with Orvas Dren|