|This page is currently being rewritten as part of the Skyrim Quest Redesign Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
- Speak to Neloth.
- Allow him to cast an experimental spell on you.
- Enter the water at any point in gameplay.
- Return to Neloth to report the side effects of his spell.
Neloth will request you help him with an experiment. Agree and he will cast an experimental spell on you, requesting that you report to him any side effects. After this, leave and at some point go into the water (swimming or being in the rain counts). This will cause a 25 point decrease to your maximum health until you return to Neloth and he removes the spell. He will also give you 250 gold for your trouble, regardless of your level.
Note that if you refuse to assist him with this task, you will immediately fail the quest.
- When Neloth asks if you are willing to be an experimental subject, the dialogue may end without presenting the option "What kind of experiment". This means the quest cannot be started.
- This bug is fixed by version 2.0.4 of the Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.
- It may also break the Research quest chain. Completing another quest for Neloth may restore the proper dialogue functions.
|Experimental Subject (DLC2TTR4a)
||I let Neloth cast an experimental spell on me. If I discover any side effects, I should tell him right away.
Objective 100: Watch for side effects
||I let Neloth cast an experimental spell on me. I've discovered a potentially dangerous side effect. Normally it boosts my health, but if I am in the rain or swim, it reduces my health.
Objective 200: Talk to Neloth
||Neloth asked me to be a test subject for one of his experiments. I refused.