|Your voice bends the very stones to your will. As it gains power, animals, people, and even dragons must do your bidding.|
|Gol||Cleanses All-Maker Stones||10|
|Hah||Forces NPCs and creatures to become allies for 30 seconds||90|
|Dov||Tames dragons and allows them to be ridden||120|
After learning and unlocking the first word, you are able to cleanse the All-Maker Stones located throughout the island by shouting at them. This allows you to activate the stones, gaining their respective powers, but is not necessary to progress through the questline.
Throughout the questline, it is insinuated that Miraak's power comes from this shout. He was taught this shout by Hermaeus Mora after he pledged himself in service to the Daedric Lord, and supposedly was the power he was seeking as Dragonborn up to that point; specifically, the power to have complete control over others.
- The Fate of the Skaal: Find a way to free the citizens of Skaal Village.
- Cleansing the Stones: Use the Bend Will shout to cleanse each of the remaining All-Maker Stones.
- The Path of Knowledge: Discover the locations of the Black Books in order to stop Miraak.
- The Gardener of Men: Travel to the realm of Hermaeus Mora to learn the rest of Bend Will.
One achievement is related to this shout:
- Dragonrider (20 points/Bronze) — Tame and ride 5 dragons
Word Wall Translations
|Gol||QETHSEGOL V4RUKIV BHAR FIN
GOL4 WO PR1L HET MULH1N
OL GOL SAR1N ONIKIV NUNON
W4 M9Z WUTH SINON DO ONIK
|(This) stone commemorates Bhar the
Earth-Hunter who (?) here strong slave
As Earth awaits (?) only
To become old instead of wise
|QETHSEGOL VahRUKIV BHAR FIN
GOLah WO PRaaL HET MULHaaN
OL GOL SARaaN ONIKIV NUNON
Wah MeyZ WUTH SINON DO ONIK
- When used on a dragon, it will land near you and wait a few moments to be ridden. If you do not mount the dragon it will instead take off and assist you in combat. It will patrol the area and engage any hostiles you encounter within its "territory".
- It is possible to use this shout on Odahviing, by either waiting for two hours, or simply waiting for your shout to recharge naturally.
- This shout also acts like the Dragonrend shout, as it forces the dragon to land. It can be especially helpful if you haven't proceeded far enough through the main questline in order to get the Dragonrend shout. The only drawback to this is that it does not work on a few specific dragons.
- After riding the dragon it will take its leave of your service, if you do not act quickly it will fly off into the distance. If you are quick enough you can reuse the shout to ride it again, or force it to wait a short time for you on the ground. This method can be used to harvest its soul, as once provoked, it will not try to fly off again.
- Even if enemies are nearby, you can still fast-travel while riding a dragon.
- If your dragon kills a non-hostile NPC, such as a guard, you will incur the bounty yourself.
- The following dragons cannot be ridden using this shout: Alduin, DurnehviirDG, NaaslaarumDG, Paarthurnax, Sahloknir, VoslaarumDG, Vulthuryol and nameless dragons at Skuldafn.
- Undead are immune to the shout which only staggers them.