- Talk to the quest giver of your Temple.
- Head to the dungeon named by the quest giver.
- Find and retrieve the relic,
- (Optional) Destroy the lich.
- Bring the relic back to the quest giver within the time limit and collect your reward.
The Lich's Relic
Speak to the quest giver, who says:
- "(Player's guild title), (temple) needs you for a dangerous mission to retrieve one of the lost (relic) of (temple's god). You will have to defy the power of (lich's name), its creator who then betrayed the temple and sank into evil. He is now a lich, and still guards the (relic). Are you willing?"
The quest giver goes on:
- "I admire your courage, but tremble to think of the danger you are about to face. (Lich's name) guards his (relic) of (temple's god) in (dungeon). Remember, there is no need to slay the lich, just retrieve the (relic) and return it to (temple) here. If we have no word from you in (time limit) days, we will chant the Song of the Departed for you. (Temple's god)'s blessings upon you, (player's name)."
The quest giver answers:
- "I understand. A lich is a fearsome opponent for one of your youth and inexperience. Perhaps as you mature you will take up this again. (Temple's god) go with you."
Recovering the Lich's Relic
Head to the dungeon named by the quest giver, enter it, and find the relic within. When you pick up the relic, a confirmation appears:
- This is surely (temple)'s long-lost (relic).
The relic will be found near its maker, the lich. If you wish to fight the creature, it may be easier to take care of him before attempting to recover the lost item, especially if he is in a small room. When you hit the lich after picking up the relic, he hisses in fury:
- "You dogs of (temple) will never have my (relic)! I made it and I will keep it. Nothing will stop me, not even the grave."
After you destroy the lich and recover the relic, return to the Temple to collect your reward.
When you hand the relic over, the quest giver says:
- "Praise to great (temple's god)! I had not allowed myself to hope that you would actually succeed. (Temple's god)'s favor will surely shine upon you for this deed. As a small token of the Temple's gratitude, please accept this enchanted (magical item).
If you destroyed the lich, the quest giver adds:
- "What? You not only retrieved the sacred (relic), but also killed the evil (lich's name)? You are truly one of (temple's god)'s favored ones. You will surely rise far in our order."
If you retrieve the relic but the time limit expires before you can return to the quest giver, you see the following:
- A sinister voice whispers from nowhere, "The (relic) does not belong to you or the sentimental fools of (temple). I therefore reclaim what is rightfully mine." The (relic) vanishes.
A successfully completed quest results in a reputation gain according to the table below.
|Deity of the Temple||+5|
|Temple and its associated factions||+2|
A failed quest results in a reputation loss according to the table below.
|Deity of the Temple||-2|
|Temple and its associated factions||-1|
In case you also destroyed the lich, you will gain additional reputation as shown below:
|Deity of the Temple||+7|
|Temple and its associated factions||+3|
- Random dungeon monsters
- One Lich near the religious item
- This quest is only available with the CompUSA Special Edition Patch.
After you have accepted this quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "(Temple) hopes to recover their long-lost (relic), but who will they find willing to face the lich (lich's name)?"
If you fail the quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "I hear that (temple) now believes that the (relic) was never in (dungeon) after all."
If you successfully complete the quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "Did you hear about the (player's race) who went into (dungeon) and returned with (temple)'s (relic)?"
If you successfully complete the quest, the quest giver may later greet you with:
- "(Player's first name), you are always welcome here after you braved that lich!"
If you failed the quest, the quest giver will greet you with:
- "I do not blame you for failing to retrieve our (relic) from (dungeon), but I am disappointed that you accepted an assignment that you could not complete."
|The Relic (c0b10y15)|
|Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
|0||(Date): (Temple) of (town) has sent me to retrieve a sacred object, a (relic), from (dungeon). The catch is that it is guarded by (lich's name), a lich. I do not have to slay (lich's name), however, just retrieve the (relic) and return to (quest giver's name) within (time limit) days.|