Daggerfall:More Trouble with Orcs
- Talk to the Quester of your Knightly Order.
- Head to the specified dungeon.
- Find and kill the orc sergeant.
- Report back to the Quester within the time limit.
Orcs on the Horizon
Speak to the Quester, who says:
- "Let me introduce myself. I am (Quester's name) of (faction). Seems there is a bandit band of orcs holed up around here. The glory of (region) will go to whomever wipes them out. Can I count on you, (player's first name)?"
- "The orcs are moving into fair (region), befouling the land as they progress. Will you help us in this purgation?"
The Quester goes on:
- "You don't need to kill every single orc in the band. Just get a decent number of them and be sure to kill their leader, (orc leader's name). I happen to know that they are holed up in (dungeon). If you're not back in (time limit) days, I'll sing your praises at the funeral ceremony."
The Quester answers:
- "You're my fourth rejection today. Seems like nobody wants to tackle orcs any more."
Bust the Band of Bandits
Head to and enter the dungeon named by the Quester. Seek out and slay the leader of the orcs, who appears an orc sergeant. When the target creature is slain, a notification appears:
- You have killed (orc leader's name). Without a leader, these orcs will never be more than a nuisance.
Once the Orc is dead, return to the Order.
Upon reporting back, the Quester says:
- "Good show! The merchants are already telling me how happy they are with the orcs gone. You are a credit to the Order."
A successfully completed quest results in a reputation gain according to the table below.
|Generic Knightly Order||+5|
|City-State where the order is located||+4|
|Nobility of the city-state where the order is located||+2|
|People of the city-state where the order is located||+4|
|All other factions of the city-state where the order is located||+2|
A failed quest results in a reputation loss according to the table below.
|Generic Knightly Order||-2|
- Random dungeon monsters
- Quest Target: One Orc Sergeant
After you have accepted this quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "The orcs of (dungeon) are all but destroying normal caravan routes."
- "The (dungeon) orcs used to be fairly peaceful. They sure ain't anymore."
If you fail the quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "The orcs moved on, all on their own. But I bet that they'll be back."
If you successfully complete the quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "The (knightly order) saved (region) from the (dungeon) orcs. The hero was a (player's race) knight."
If you successfully complete the quest, the quest giver may later greet you with:
- "I'd be happy to be of service, o Orc Destroyer."
If you failed the quest, the quest giver will greet you with:
- "Oh, hello, (player's guild title). I'd be happier to see you if that orc business was successful."
|More Trouble with Orcs (b0b20y07)|
|Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
|0||(Date): (Quester's name) of Questers in (town) gave me the task of wiping out an orc band that makes it's home in (dungeon). In particular I must get the leader, a certain Orc sergeant. I need to get back to (him/her) in (time limit) days or (he/she) will assume I'm dead.|