Bloodmoon:The Disappearance of Captain Carius
|This quest page is currently being rewritten as part of the Morrowind Overhaul Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
- Return to the fort to find it has been attacked.
- Find and speak to Saenus or Gaea (the soldier you didn't travel with) to learn that the Captain is missing.
- Travel to the Nord Skaal Village at the north end of the island.
- Talk to Tharsten Heart-Fang in the Greathall in Skaal Village to learn they have nothing to do with the attack.
- Go back to the Fort Frostmoth and speak with either Saenus or Gaea.
Return to Fort Frostmoth
As you return to Fort Frostmoth you will notice that parts of the wall have been demolished, and you will receive a journal entry informing you that the fort has been attacked in your absence. The gates are destroyed and much of the interior is ruined as well. Your companion will tell you to visit Captain Carius right away, but the guards will point you towards whomever you did not choose as your companion. If you return to Carius' chambers, you will find them empty. Follow the guards' suggestion and speak with the person you didn't choose to travel with during the previous quest: Artoria will still be in the General Quarters, Upper Level and Lusius in the General Quarters. They will tell you that the captain has gone missing and that the attack was made by a number of wolf creatures, which they speculate may have been werewolves. They will mention that the Nords in Skaal Village to the far North of Solstheim might have some information, and will give you the Skull of a Skaal Warrior, which they suggest you use to win the trust of the Skaal.
The village is located in the Felsaad Coast region, north of the Mead Hall of Thirsk, and will be marked on your map. Once you arrive, speaking with the nearest villager will reveal that you should speak with Tharsten Heart-Fang in the Greathall. Tharsten denies that the Skaal had anything to do with the attack and mentions that the attackers were no mere wolves, and if you have the skull you were given earlier in your inventory, he will also tell you that he is angry that the Imperials have upset the balance of nature, and proclaims that you must atone for their mistakes and restore the power of the Skaal. This begins the next quest, The Skaal Test of Loyalty, but in order to finish this quest you must return to Fort Frostmoth.
Mingle with the Skaal
If you go back to Lusius/Artoria with the news, he/she will be disappointed that you hadn't found out more and tell you to gain the Skaal's confidence until you can find out what happened to Captain Carius.
- If the NPC you took into the caves with you dies, the other NPC may attack you upon your return.
- Your chosen companion, Artoria or Lusius, will remain in follower mode, all the way to Thirsk or beyond, if you speak to the other whom you did not choose as companion, to get the quest stage 20/25 instructions to go to Thirsk, but avoid talking to the companion again. When you do eventually talk to the companion, she/he will then stop following, and remain rooted to where that delayed conversation took place, saying "I better stay here", thinking she/he is still at Frostmoth. This glitch can be exploited to avoid the return trip to Frostmoth and to close the quest with stage 100/110 while still in Thirsk. It can alternatively be used to have a long-term Imperial companion, as long as you keep healing her/him and avoid dialogue. (Artoria is the better choice for this, as she is a much better fighter.) If you have closed out this quest and wish to return this NPC to Frostmoth (which is not required, but may be desired for role-play reasons), you will have to use Command Humanoid.
These codes can be used along with the
Journal Console command and quest ID given within the chart to update the quest to a certain point.
|Prev: The Frostmoth Smugglers||Up: Main Quest Page||Next: The Skaal Test of Loyalty|